Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #241
Cruzverde
Cruzverde began at the beginning.

Device: PB 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Also you might notice that there are two new features called 'task manager' and 'task switch' now the names might be backwards but once you know which keys are assigned to them (or assign some if there are none) you call 'task switch' and simply select the 'x' next to the running app you wish to close.
Thanks for the tip. Indeed, it's a nice way to switch between books and apps !
Cruzverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #242
PD321
PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PocketBook 602
device: Pocketbook 602 pro
firmware: 2.1.2

There is bad translation in Czech language. In Configuration / Connectivity is "GPRS connection" instead of "Bluetooth connection"
---
FBreader does not display photos in MOBI
---
FBreader180 shows photos chaotic and sometimes displays only the first page of article in MOBI.
---
Pocketnews is not able to work offline, unlike Pocketnews from firmware 2.0.4.
Workaround: I moved Pocketnews from FW 2.0.4 to FW 2.1.2.

Sorry for my english
PD321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #243
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Exclamation 902 not saving bookmarks or returning to last page.

A couple of days ago, I reported that Calibre was sending all my books to the device instead of the memory card. After several of you were kind enough to advise me that it was a firmware problem, I tried sending the books to the device to see if they showed up on the card, and it worked! I thought I had my problems resolved, but now I'm not so sure.

My Pocketbook 902 has suddenly gotten weird! It will no longer remember the last page I was reading in any of my books, it always opens to the first page of every book I've tried. In addition, I thought I'd be sneaky and set a bookmark every time I was finished reading, and use that to get back to the last page read more quickly. Good plan, but it didn't work because the 902 is not saving the bookmarks either. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is related to the first problem?

Thanks,
Dan
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #244
Bernd_Schmitt
Bernd_Schmitt began at the beginning.

Device: 902 pro
902 pro: basic usability errors get worse after update to 2.1.2

Modell: PocketBook 902
Softwareversion: D902.2.1.2.20111215_163628

reader application:

still unimproved:
no ontinuous zooming (135%, 210% ...)
no continous downscrolling
no configurable downscroll-overlap
no support for bookprinted pdfs
search function is badly implemented (no ascii-conversion caching ...)

getting worse after update:
adobe: instead of little overlap in downscrolling -> no overlap at all!
pdfviewer: scrolling down got completely screwed. nearly always it scrolls down twice, sometimes it scrolles up twice, too. so sometimes a portion of a page becomes nearly unreachable.
what has happened here? does nobody use the pdfviewer (holding down ok button in library, to choose it)?

Last edited by Bernd_Schmitt; 03-07-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: more details
Bernd_Schmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #245
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
@ Bernd_Schmitt and dpayment:
Have you both made sure you have the latest release of 2.1.2 from 19-DEC-2011? This version should solve most of your problems.
This post says it's not 100% stable, but later they called this version final and it's the only link to this Fw I found.
There's a further development 2.2.1, but not released officially and to big to upload here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Release_Notes_Pro_Series_2.1.2_ENG_.pdf (148.6 KB, 226 views)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #246
Bernd_Schmitt
Bernd_Schmitt began at the beginning.

Device: 902 pro
re-updated, still same problems

i checked the firmware-version
old sw_20111215_902_LIBRI_2.1.2_user
new sw_20111215_902_CIS_2.1.2_user

i installed the new one, but pdfviewer is still unusable (scrolling twice always problem).
Attached Files
File Type: zip system-profiles-bernd-config-files.zip (2.8 KB, 173 views)
File Type: zip system-profiles-default-config-global.cfg.zip (706 Bytes, 171 views)

Last edited by Bernd_Schmitt; 03-09-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Bernd_Schmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #247
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Unhappy Re: 902 not saving bookmarks or returning to last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
@ Bernd_Schmitt and dpayment:
Have you both made sure you have the latest release of 2.1.2 from 19-DEC-2011? This version should solve most of your problems.
This post says it's not 100% stable, but later they called this version final and it's the only link to this Fw I found.
There's a further development 2.2.1, but not released officially and to big to upload here
I've checked, and re-installed the 19-dec-2011 image, and I still have the same problems. The drive letters are reversed, and Coolreader does not remember the last page read. It always defaults to the beginning of the book, so I've got to try to remember the page numbers every time I stop reading. It's a real pain when I put the book down intending to only be gone for a few seconds and then get distracted by something else and don't make note of the page I'm on.

I love my 902, but I'm getting a little tired of it at the moment.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #248
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hmmm,
maybe you should contact Dolansky, he has a 903 and is still active as a Beta-tester for PB and can bring this point to the attention of the developers.
With CR I had the same problem, and there was an upload of a new version working better with the new FW, but I didn't find it on short notice.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #249
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Wierd that the drive letter reversal isn't fixed, as updating to the 'fast display driver' version of the 2.1.2 firmware fixed that problem for other people.
Maybe you should look closely at the update process messages to make sure the update takes place.

As for coolreader remembering the placement could be a side effect of the multi-tasking feature, should be fine if you actually exit the reader rather than pressing the home button.

Still even with that version the loss of the 'different orientation for reader and main menu' feature that was in the 2.0.6 firmware bugs me.

It seems now coolreader won't launch (or crash while loading) if it disagrees with the screen orientation or if you change the orientation after it loads (sometimes leads to a crash), which in some situations leads to not being able to get it to load with that book again at all.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #250
Hedaya
Connoisseur
Hedaya began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 612
It seems it only supports Arabic texts that are not voweled. If they are voweled (Arabic words don't always have vowels. If they are present it comes as a "diacritical" mark), then it doesn't support it.

Example:

ذهب الولد

It works fine.

ذَهَبَ الوَلَدُ

it reads as:

ذ َ ه َ ب َ ا ل وَ لَ دُ
Hedaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #251
dpayment
Connoisseur

Question Re: 902 not saving bookmarks or returning to last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Wierd that the drive letter reversal isn't fixed, as updating to the 'fast display driver' version of the 2.1.2 firmware fixed that problem for other people.
Maybe you should look closely at the update process messages to make sure the update takes place.

As for coolreader remembering the placement could be a side effect of the multi-tasking feature, should be fine if you actually exit the reader rather than pressing the home button.

Still even with that version the loss of the 'different orientation for reader and main menu' feature that was in the 2.0.6 firmware bugs me.

It seems now coolreader won't launch (or crash while loading) if it disagrees with the screen orientation or if you change the orientation after it loads (sometimes leads to a crash), which in some situations leads to not being able to get it to load with that book again at all.

This whole thing has gotten really weird. What puzzles me is that according to the menu on the PB902, the SD drive and internal drives are correctly identified. It is only when I try to make changes through Windows7/Calibre that I see the reversed drive letters.

One other problem I've noted that definitely appears to be related to CoolReader is justification. Regardless of which book I choose, when I open it in Coolreader, it is always center justified, which can make reading very difficult. However, if I open the same books with FBReader2, the normal "left" justification is in effect. Just one more source of frustration!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #252
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
dpayment:

I have the same problems with my 602.
My solution on Calibre is to connect to folder. But before (firmware 2.0.6) it was working correctly. Now even with 2.1.2 fast display driver, does not work, Calibre does not see the drives correctly.
The center justified issue I get with FBreader (standard) and only on some epubs, not all. With FBreader2 the books are all left justified.
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #253
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
By FBreader2 do you mean the FBreader180 ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #254
softinn
softinn began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 612
Hello,
I just wanted to say that also my Pocketbook 612 has the issue with the swapped memory devices, that is the sd card is recognized in Calibre as the main memory and the internal memory as the external memory device.

My config:
Ubuntu Linux 11.10
Pocketbook 612 - fw E612.2.1.2 20111215_155228

Soon I will try with the unstable 2.1.2 fw version dated 19/12/2011 and I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,
Paolo
softinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #255
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
J.C.:

Yes, FBReader 180, that´s what I mean with FBReader2.
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote