Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #31
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericooo View Post
Unfortunatly I have to resign using 4.4

3. unable to put in standby or sleep

So sad....
Strange, I experience the same problem when in Neo Reader 2.0. When I press the power button nothing happens. Longer press asks for shutdown/reboot. However when I'm not in Neo Reader 2.0 pressing the button put the device to sleep. It's very inconvenient. I like to use the Neo 2.0 because of zoom to page content feature.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #32
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I downloaded the new (May 2) version of 4.4 on my M96 over the weekend. For the benefit of those M96 owners who were wise enough to wait before upgrading, here is my experience:

The good:
- Installation went smoothly from ereader-store.de
- I was able to install some apps that were not compatible with 4.0 (such as the latest version of Google Keep)
- I was able to install more apps than before (allocated partition is increased).

The bad:
- The OS is unstable to the point of being unusable. It freezes a lot, taps often register in the wrong places, and it is generally much slower than 4.0. Sometimes the tablet started doing things by itself. Very unpleasant.
- No improvement in the usability of the 3 apps I wanted to use: Evernote (handwriting is unbearably slow), OneNote (installs but then crashes every time the app is started), Google Keep (installs via sideload, but crashes as soon as the handwriting function is started).

The M96 has only 512Mb of RAM, so owners of newer models may have more luck. Still, I was expecting more after so many months of development.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #33
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericooo View Post
Yes, Russian
Max has only two languages: Eng and China.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170508_233343_01.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	901.8 KB
ID:	156596  
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #34
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Max has only two languages: Eng and China.
Really? On my Max, under "Language and Input" in "Settings", I have the choice of 14 languages:

- Cestina
- Deutsch
- English
- Espanol
- Francais
- Italiano
- Magyar
- Nederlands
- Polski
- PycckNN (the Ns are facing the other way and the last one has a diacritical mark over it)
- what looks like Hebrew
- simplified Chinese
- traditional Chinese
- Japanese

For preloaded Pico TTS languages, I have the choice of:

- English (US)
- English (UK)
- French
- Italian
- German
- Spanish

I'm currently running Android 4.0.4, with the 1.8.2 firmware. But it seemed to be much the same under the 1.8.1 firmware from what I can recall.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-08-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #35
M_Faust
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I'm currently running Android 4.0.4, with the 1.8.2 firmware. But it seemed to be much the same under the 1.8.1 firmware from what I can recall.
I'm talking about Android 4.4.
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #36
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
I'm talking about Android 4.4.
Ah, that would explain it. Strange that they would take such a step backwards, especially as Onyx seems to have a big presence in Russia and Europe.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #37
M_Faust
Zealot

Looks like that only Max has two languages, because Onyx Boox N96 CML supported 12 languages (Android 4.4).
Old 05-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #38
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Still, I was expecting more after so many months of development.
+1, It seems a heroic work of ereader-store.de whilst the Onyx International does not give a f* about it.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #39
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Still, I was expecting more after so many months of development.
Perhaps you wanted to say years.
In January 2015 Booxtor mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
This feature will be implemented in Android 4.4 which will be available soon (estimated in March )
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #40
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
+1, It seems a heroic work of ereader-store.de whilst the Onyx International does not give a f* about it.
Not sure if you're not mistaken.
ereade-store = Onyx Int.
Booxtor mentioned several times open software but...
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #41
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Not sure if you're not mistaken.
ereade-store = Onyx Int.
Booxtor mentioned several times open software but...
No, ereader-store is a distributor of products from onyx international.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #42
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Yes, Booxtor makes Onyx better.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #43
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Yes, Booxtor makes Onyx better.
+1

So far, I'm a very happy customer. Love my Max even more with 1.8.2 FW. Just took my first screenshot.

Hope the bugs eventually get worked out for Android 4.4. Would love to install it once it's stable.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:36 AM   #44
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Anyone upgraded Onyx N96L with 1.82 and check if it is now Android 4.4?
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #45
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
Why am I getting the "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." error message after the installation? i86 here.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx android