Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #31
chewt0y
chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTsi View Post
It looks like the plugin is now failing to get covers from Comicvine:

B.P.R.D. - Vampire 01 (Failed cover)
I found the error (comicvine stopped giving full urls in the issue.image list, and so I need to make sure the paths given are added to http://static.comicvine.net before fetching).

I have pushed 0.10.6 to github and will update the initial post with the new version details.
chewt0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #32
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast
MikeyTsi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Great, working better now.

I've noticed that I'm getting failures where it's not finding anything at all now at random points. This sometimes happens when it's just trying to search off of the title, but I've tested against books that it has found successfully before (and therefore the metadata has the volume and issue flags already in the identifiers field), and it's still failing to locate them. I'm not really able to get anything further since the error is just reporting that it's failing, not why.
MikeyTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #33
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewt0y View Post
I found the error (comicvine stopped giving full urls in the issue.image list, and so I need to make sure the paths given are added to http://static.comicvine.net before fetching).

I have pushed 0.10.6 to github and will update the initial post with the new version details.
FYI, it looks like they reverted this again, so we're getting double urls and causing download to fail again.

I closed out the previous issue in GitHub for you and opened a new one.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #34
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

FYI, if you roll back to 0.10.5 it works again.

At least, until Calibre v2 released, now the plugin doesn't work at all (won't install).
Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #35
atomicpapa
atomicpapa began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Confirmed plugin will not install in v2. Any ETA on an update?

and
atomicpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 02:45 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It looks like the author of the plugin has not been around for a while. So, I have made the changes needed for calibre v2. The changes needed are only for the configuration. Because of this and that I don't use the plugin myself, I have done no testing beyond making sure the plugin loads and can be configured. I have done this in both v1.48 and v2 of calibre.

If someone can confirm the plugin does work correctly, I will arrange for the first post to be updated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comicvine-qt5.zip (14.5 KB, 594 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #37
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

I'll probably try testing it tomorrow.

I opened two issues on github for it, but he hasn't done anything with that yet and he hasn't been on twitter for a while. Not sure what's going on.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #38
atomicpapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It looks like the author of the plugin has not been around for a while. So, I have made the changes needed for calibre v2. The changes needed are only for the configuration. Because of this and that I don't use the plugin myself, I have done no testing beyond making sure the plugin loads and can be configured. I have done this in both v1.48 and v2 of calibre.

If someone can confirm the plugin does work correctly, I will arrange for the first post to be updated.
I downloaded the file and attempted to install. Still seems to have an error in v2.

calibre, version 2.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name Comicvine

calibre 2.0 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.13.0-34-generic-x86_64-with-debian-jessie-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.13.0-34-generic', '#60-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 13 15:45:27 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('debian', 'jessie/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Goodreads Sync && Goodreads
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 316, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.__init__", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name Comicvine
Old 08-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's working OK here on my Windows machine. I did download the file again and installed it with no problems. Could you check that it downloaded OK?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #40
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

David, what version of the plug in did you use as your source? 10.6 won't work as they did a syntax change in comicvine (again). 10.5 should have the proper syntax.

Let me know and I can update to v2.1 and install your updated plugin to test.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I used the version that was attached to the first post. Unfortunately, that appears to have been 10.6. The changes for calbre v2 are all in config.py. If the differences between 10.5 and 10.6 are in the api used, config.py can probably be copied to 10.5 with no problems.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-29-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #42
atomicpapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It's working OK here on my Windows machine. I did download the file again and installed it with no problems. Could you check that it downloaded OK?
Just re-downloaded the file and same result.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #43
Bart274
Bart274 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Same problem for me on my Windows 8 machine:

Code:
calibre, version 2.2.0
FOUT: Niet afgehandelde fout: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name Comicvine

calibre 2.2 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Quality Check && DOC Input && DIZZIE_NL && Count Pages && Modify ePub && BOL_NL && Find Duplicates && Manage Series && Reading List && Save To Format && catawiki && EpubSplit && Extract ISBN && Wiki Reader && Ex Libris
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 316, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.__init__", line 4, in <module>
Bart274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #44
awarmenhoven
awarmenhoven began at the beginning.

Device: none
Heya,

I found that the error:
Code:
happens when there is still a comicvine.zip in the plugins folder (i.e. /AppData/Roaming...)

- Close Calibre
- Delete comicvine.zip (and the comicvine.json) from the AppData dir
- Start Calibre
- Use the plugin file from the OP

That should do the trick.
awarmenhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #45
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

New day, new error

Had to get my laplet replaced, which of course meant I had to reinstall Calibre and the Comicvine plugin.

I finally got the plugin to install, but when searching for books I'm now seeing this:

<urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this?