Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 07:06 AM   #1
georgehuang
Enthusiast
georgehuang began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook, iPhone, Kindle Paperwhite
Question How to migrate Content Server with user annotations?

I have been using Content Server with authentication enabled on my local machine and had read several books with annotations made along the way. It works great and now I decided to move my library to a VPS (Ubuntu running on Amazon Lightsail, to be specific).

I successfully set up a new Content Server with an new Calibre library, and I can now import my books into it. However, annotations I made on the local machine do not show (it is expected) since the library and its authentication are both new.

The question I have is: what is the right way to migrate my library to the new Content Server? And how do I access my old highlights and notes made on the books?
georgehuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The annotations are stored in metadata.db simply copy over your library foder to the server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
georgehuang
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The annotations are stored in metadata.db simply copy over your library foder to the server.
OK, should have done that instead of copying just one book for test. Just copied the whole folder to the remote server, and the annotations show! Thanks!

However, some books showed an error saying:
Code:
Could not download book
Could not open {Book Name}. Failed to download some book data, click "Show details" for more information
When clicked "Show details", there is a list of files saying something like:

Code:
OEBPS/Styles/Copyrightpage.css
Failed to communicate with "/book-file/474/EPUB/957061/16146072090/OEBPS/Styles%2FCopyrightpage.css?library_id=Calibre&1614608088628", with status: [400 (error)] Bad Request

The uri in the Request Line and the Authorization header do not match
Those books work fine on my local server and ebook-viewer. Is this a problem with my server?
Old 03-01-2021, 09:37 AM   #4
georgehuang
Enthusiast

Just saw this thread: Viewer problem running behind Apache

And yes I am also running Viewer with Apache. Guess this is the problem. I might have to try nginx instead.

Tags
aws, calibre, content server, migration, vps