Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 04:26 AM   #31
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Oops, beaten to the punch.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:07 AM   #32
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which one did you? Kobo has unofficial support as described here. That still works.
Thanks, David!
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #33
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Minor output problem; problem fixed

I wasn't getting the KoboRoot.tgz file in the out folder, so I went to the log.txt file and found these last lines:

validating patch file
--> patch "Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen": more than one patch enabled in PatchGroup "Home screen layout tweaks" (other patch is "Increase home screen cover size")

I turned off the first patch and reran the bat file and all seems well. I've got the KoboRoot.tgz file in the out folder now and will install it as soon as I can retrieve my Kobo Aura HD.

EDIT: Forgot to say a big thank you to those of you who worked on this. The patch is great stuff.

Last edited by IanScuffling; 09-22-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added thank you
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #34
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Thanks ! Very good work !

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-22-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #35
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
disabling the tutorial dialogues

Thanks to all who worked on these patches. It worked fine on my 3 readers (Clara, Forma, Libra), very easily: I copied the 4 .yaml files from the Libra src folder to the Forma and Clara ones.

Just a little thing: I had disabled the tutorial dialogues, but when I first turned on the 2nd or 3rd one (can't remember which) I had a pop-up "Feuilletez les pages sans pour autant perdre votre emplacement". Wouldn't that be the Quick turn dialog?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #36
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanScuffling View Post
I wasn't getting the KoboRoot.tgz file in the out folder, so I went to the log.txt file and found these last lines:

validating patch file
--> patch "Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen": more than one patch enabled in PatchGroup "Home screen layout tweaks" (other patch is "Increase home screen cover size")

I turned off the first patch and reran the bat file and all seems well. I've got the KoboRoot.tgz file in the out folder now and will install it as soon as I can retrieve my Kobo Aura HD.

EDIT: Forgot to say a big thank you to those of you who worked on this. The patch is great stuff.

Yes those patches cover the same thing with the increase covers size on the home screen, one just does an extra thing of removing the bottom row of things from your home screen.

There are three patches in total one that removes the row, one that makes the covers larger, and one that does both. Only one can be enabled. Though I did find it odd they aren’t grouped together, if I recall the library covers one appears earlier in the yaml file.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #37
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Custom reading footer style
Doesn't apply properly to the new reader, and would need to be completely rewritten anyways if it's even needed.
Very desirable since there is a very large distance between the last line of text and the page number.

Patches work fine, thanks to everyone who spends their time on this.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #38
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Very desirable since there is a very large distance between the last line of text and the page number.

Patches work fine, thanks to everyone who spends their time on this.
Why not just try adjusting the values of the 'reduce header/footer spacing' patch to your liking. The space taken by each is the same.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:52 AM   #39
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MGlitch,
why do you think that I did not do this?

Anyway, a very large distance

I'll try to play some more, with numbers.

Last edited by Semwize; 09-22-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #40
MGlitch
Wizard

In the meantime, I can tell you it's possible to get text right to the edge of the progress bar should you opt to disable the footer as a stop gap measure until either the custom footer adjustment patch is rewritten, or you get the values to a point you like.

Obviously it's up to you, if you value reclaiming the space more than the page numbers.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #41
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
In the meantime, I can tell you it's possible to get text right to the edge of the progress bar should you opt to disable the footer as a stop gap measure until either the custom footer adjustment patch is rewritten, or you get the values to a point you like.
I saw, thanks
Old 09-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #42
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011
Custom reading footer style
Doesn't apply properly to the new reader, and would need to be completely rewritten anyways if it's even needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
'Custom reading footer style' cannot be re-written to do what you ask.

If you want to have your reading footer enabled but you think it's too tall, the patch you need is the new one named Reduce new header/footer height (in nickel.yaml).

If you want to understand the interaction between the 2 patches Reduce new header/footer height and Reduce top/bottom page spacer the best way is to go to post #2 in this thread and play with geek1011's new interactive demo linked at the bottom of the thread.

Enabling both patches gives you the most flexibility.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #43
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Just a little thing: I had disabled the tutorial dialogues, but when I first turned on the 2nd or 3rd one (can't remember which) I had a pop-up "Feuilletez les pages sans pour autant perdre votre emplacement". Wouldn't that be the Quick turn dialog?
Fixed: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...a4ea9c584c6432. What you were seeing is the introduction to the new reader interface.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #44
MGlitch
Wizard

A thought for future patch releases, would it be possible to group the patches which are exclusive to each other together and mentioning at the start of that grouping that the patches are exclusive to each other?

For example it seems almost every firmware cycle there's someone who is thrown by the home screen patches, cover size in library, remove 3rd row, and then cover size + remove third row.

I know Geoff used to remark in the patches when they were exclusive to each other. I think this would save future patchers some frustration. I'm not sure, but I believe the order the patches are in in the .yaml file is largely irrelevant save for tracking error responses.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #45
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
A thought for future patch releases, would it be possible to group the patches which are exclusive to each other together and mentioning at the start of that grouping that the patches are exclusive to each other?
The main reason for the confusing grouping right now is that the patches are split between multiple owners, which each have their own section. I'll see if there's anything reasonable I can do about this. One possibility could be to automatically reorder patch groups during the build.

Quote:
For example it seems almost every firmware cycle there's someone who is thrown by the home screen patches, cover size in library, remove 3rd row, and then cover size + remove third row.
Yes, I've noticed that too.

Quote:
I know Geoff used to remark in the patches when they were exclusive to each other. I think this would save future patchers some frustration. I'm not sure, but I believe the order the patches are in in the .yaml file is largely irrelevant save for tracking error responses.
They are still marked (see the PatchGroup instruction). And yes, the order is almost completely irrelevant. Everything is parsed all at once (well technically, it's parsed in layers, see the code for what I mean), and only line numbers are preserved for errors.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching