Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Comments field text background color

I generally copy book descriptions from Amazon or Goodreads, and paste them into the Calibre “Comments” field.

Recently, I’ve noticed a change, and now the text has a white background, rather than no background color set. I don’t want this, and have taken to copying the HTML into Word, doing a search-and-replace on “background-color: #ffffff”.

Is there an easier way to prevent the background color from being set? Or to remove it? I didn’t start having this issue until about a month ago.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It's a browser thing. I've found the easiest way is to either use "paste and match style" or grab either Terisa de morgan or un_pogaz's comment cleaning plugins. Try them both and see which one fits your needs better.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
It's a browser thing. I've found the easiest way is to either use "paste and match style" or grab either Terisa de morgan or un_pogaz's comment cleaning plugins. Try them both and see which one fits your needs better.
Tried them both, and the "Comments Cleaner" plugin works best for me.
Thank you for the speedy and most helpful reply!

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 10-08-2021 at 03:44 PM.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, metadata