Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Yes, it is. Does the NG3 run Android 4.4? Would I have to root it?
people have succesfully installed apps. in dev mode. it was not rooted. maybe I read it on xda.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #17
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes, the NG3 runs Android 4.4.2. You don't have to root it to install apps. You do need to enable ADB on your desktop/laptop and USB debugging on the NG3. Then, install an Android launcher on the NG3 (so you can see the apps you install after) and then Hoopla (and any other app) by using ADB install, with the NG3 connected by USB to your desktop/laptop.

That may be more bother than you want. But if you decide to buy the NG3, I (and others, no doubt) would be willing to help you set that up.

I should add that I did not actually set up and run Hoopla, so I don't know how well it runs on the NG3. I suspect it will run okay, though it might be a little slower than it would be on a typical Android tablet.
Thanks. Unfortunately some unexpected expenses means I won't be running out to buy one of these for awhile, but I'll keep it in mind for when things settle back down to normal.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert