Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Unable to connect Kobo to computer via USB

My Kobo Aura H2O doesn't seem to connect to my computer - when I plug it in, it asks whether it should connect (so the USB cable works), but then nothing happens - I tried connecting to Calibre, to Kobo Desktop, to Adobe Digital Edition, and none of them seem to see the Kobo device. It also doesn't appear as a device under Windows.

I'm running Windows 7 on the computer, and the Kobo is running firmware 4.5.9587 - it upgraded it a few days ago, when I shortly activated the Wifi to download a book; this was the very first time I activated the Wifi since the day I bought the device (and I had not tried to connect the Kobo to a computer since this update; I was away from home so no computer).

Any chance that downgrading the firmware would solve the issue? (I am actually not sure how to do that)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, quick update: it seems it was just a problem with the USB cable. I plugged in a different one (there are waaay to many cables connected to this computer), and it was correctly recognized by the PC.
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
GypsyJon
Enthusiast
GypsyJon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Pro 902
Kobo to Computer

Mine will only connect if I use the USB cable that came with the Kobo and plug it directly into the computer, not through a USB hub.
GypsyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
Philippe D.
Addict

In fact, the cable that worked in my case was the original Kobo cable, and plugged directly into the computer. I hope I'll still be able to connect it in case I ever lose the cable.