Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Oasis
Hi, looking for help, Kindle Keyboard frozen or in loop

Hi, I'm an obsessed, addicted, reader, mostly of fanfiction, and I was happily reading some Tudors yesterday when my beloved Kindle keyboard went nuts.

Since yesterday it has been either frozen or rebooting.

I'm not good with opening things, I tried with the reset button yesterday 'cause I was desperate and it unfroze it, but not it doesn't close well!!.

Late last night, after several tries, it let me Reset it, I thought it was going to work then, but it doesn't, it keeps rebooting after a few moments in the home screen, even reset it 2 more times, and nope.

Right now is charging, since I just read in a thread here that maybe it I charge it for several hours it might work but I'm getting desperate really.

Please help, since I live in Mexico is really expensive for me to get them, specially 'cause of the shipping and the prize of the dollar right now so I can't really just replace it.

Be well, Monica
MonicaOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It sounds like a matter of age. Not much that can be done, other than replace whatever is dying with age.
The two most likely:
The storage flash chip.
The battery.

So it does sound like it will have to make a trip to a repair shop.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It sounds like a matter of age. Not much that can be done, other than replace whatever is dying with age.
The two most likely:
The storage flash chip.
The battery.

So it does sound like it will have to make a trip to a repair shop.
First, thank you for answering.

And oh... really?? Argh!!! I have a new battery, but it didn't worked so well in another kindle, hmm, and where do I get a storage flash chip for this??

I have a friend who works on phones who has been awesome and helped with a cracked screen and another battery but to get the parts is a pain, the shipping and the time!!

I'm sorry if I sound like a nag but you have no idea the kind of lifeline my kindle is for me!! Any other advice?
Old 04-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Best advice I have is get a new kindle.
Sorry, but your kk is 6 years old and I do understand.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #5
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

First, thanks for answering!!

It was new when I got it, and it's been with me for less than a year and a half.

I have other 2, a wi-fi only, my first one and an add one that is like 3 years old with me, but this one is my new one!!!

Right now is calmly charging, and it hasn't reboot or frozen, but who knows how long it will be!!
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaOP View Post

It was new when I got it, and it's been with me for less than a year and a half.

I have other 2, a wi-fi only, my first one and an add one that is like 3 years old with me, but this one is my new one!!!

Right now is calmly charging, and it hasn't reboot or frozen, but who knows how long it will be!!
You do have it on a wall charger.

Now when you take it off the charger, slide and hold the power for 40 seconds. That might help.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaOP View Post

It came out of the factory 7 years ago.

The parts start to age once they are made, they do not wait until the device is purchased to begin aging.

Keep it on a wall charger for a day or two, sometimes they fix themselves, but it does take days, not hours.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, kindle keyboard, loop