Notices

Old 11-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
AskzYDre
Enthusiast
AskzYDre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Search function not quite working..

Touch Low-Cost (N905C)/Firmware 3.18
I have noticed this starting with the firmware that was out just before 3.17.

1) Open a book
2) Select "Search In Book"
3) The book searched in is not actually the one open, but a different one.

Maybe I'm missing something here but why in the world would I open a book and select "search in book" and expect to be searching a previous title by default? It makes no sense.
AskzYDre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is a known bug.

If you tap the book title displayed in the search, a drop down will be displayed with the five recent books. The top one should be the current book, but the second one will be selected. You can search the current book by selecting it in the list.

This doesn't happen all the time. Selecting the search from the bottom menu will be wrong the first time you open it for a book. Any other way to get to the search seems to select the correct book. And the second time you use this method, it will be correct as well.

I don't know if it will be fixed in the next firmware. As the workaround is so simple, it probably isn't a high priority.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
search, touch