Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I have released some new versions. The main changes are a complete redesign of the UI, a list view for all pages, and faster page turns on mobile devices.

I haven't updated the screenshots yet, but you can try it at https://bookbrowser-demo.geek1011.net.

Please give me some feedback and suggestions for the new ui.

v2.3.4
8b4858c Disable page numbers on mobile devices to prevent slow page turns

v2.4.0
ece000c New UI
072520c Lighten empty book cover

Last edited by geek1011; 07-24-2017 at 07:56 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #32
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have released version some new versions. ePubViewer has many bugfixes, 4 new color schemes, 2 new fonts, fullscreen mode and a more streamlined sidebar. There is now PDF metadata support, but covers will not work yet. I have also reduced the memory usage by 90%.

v2.4.1
8f463fd Improved ePubViewer UI and fixed sidebar bugs
4d9cf6d Added more color schemes to ePubViewer
5434456 Added fullscreen to ePubViewer

v2.4.2
9265ca1 Reduce memory usage
5753370 Added PDF metadata support (#13)
83b741e Fix screenshots
95cc819 Update Screenshots (#11)
Old 07-25-2017, 04:31 PM   #33
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Is there a way to get books to list alphabetically by titles?
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #34
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
Is there a way to get books to list alphabetically by titles?

Currently, only the Author view sorts alphabetically.

You cannot sort all books by title at the moment, but that feature is coming within the next few versions.

btw, the PDF support is there, but a bit iffy right now. I will be fixing that as soon as I figure what I am doing wrong.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:04 PM   #35
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I will be adding support for more formats later. I will most likely be able to extend it to support audiobooks.
I just wanted to add that I'm not looking to download or listen to the audiobooks but just get a list (with cover, description.)

Looking at the titles on sandisk clip jam or on folders on computer isn't enough for me to figure out which I want to listen to next..lol.

I'm really enjoying BookBrowser for the ebooks.
I had been looking for something like this for awhile.. that would list my books with a description.. short and sweet.. and simple.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #36
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I just wanted to add that I'm not looking to download or listen to the audiobooks but just get a list (with cover, description.)

Looking at the titles on sandisk clip jam or on folders on computer isn't enough for me to figure out which I want to listen to next..lol.

I'm really enjoying BookBrowser for the ebooks.
I had been looking for something like this for awhile.. that would list my books with a description.. short and sweet.. and simple.
Thanks!

As for the audiobooks, if all you want to do is list them, that should be simple enough. Is each audiobook one file, or does it consist of more than one? And what metadata should I extract from the ID3 tags? And also, what format are they in?

Sent from my XT1527 using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #37
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Thanks!

As for the audiobooks, if all you want to do is list them, that should be simple enough. Is each audiobook one file, or does it consist of more than one? And what metadata should I extract from the ID3 tags? And also, what format are they in?

Sent from my XT1527 using Tapatalk
Some are 1 file but most are more. mostly mp3 but a few m4a and some audible books (aac).

Id tags: title, artist, comments.

Don't worry about it if it turns out to be a bigger project than expected!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #38
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Some are 1 file but most are more. mostly mp3 but a few m4a and some audible books (aac).

Id tags: title, artist, comments.

Don't worry about it if it turns out to be a bigger project than expected!
That seems simple enough. If you could tell me more about the multiple file books and their metadata so I can figure out how to group them, it would be useful.

Also, I will be away for the next 9 days.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #39
BenVL
BenVL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
question : why did you stop to produce ARM builds at version v2.4.2 ?

I was trying to build it myself from sources, but I always run into go problems during make.

Cheers, Ben
BenVL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub