Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
Kuhnke
Kuhnke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Searching in comments for html-tags

Hi together..

I have a strange behavior of the extended search.
I try to search in the comments data for a html tag (or part of a html tag), e.g. comments:"p>". All of the shown results have the tag, but about 20% of the books who definitly have this tag too, are not found.

When I change anything (a char, a new line, ...) in the metadata of a book which was previosly not found, the book is found at the next search.

This also happens when I use a regex expression.

Has anyone a idea?

--
sorry for my bad english
Kuhnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
While comments are displayed/edited as HTML they are not always stored internall as HTML, depending on where they originally come from. After you edit a comment using the calibre metadata editor it is always stored as HTML internally.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, html, search, tag