Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Brian Freemantle's Charlie Muffin Spy Series (Kobo, et al.) $2.69

The first of this series caught my eye when it was a Kindle Daily Deal last week from publisher Open Road. Today I noticed that all Brian Freemantle's backlist books were priced at $2.69 at Kobo (discountable with coupons also), and $2.99 at Nook, Sony and the iTunes store. They are still priced at $7.99 at Amazon and Google Play, but this appears to be a publisher promo so those will probably drop as well. His Charlie Muffin spy series comes highly recommended by a few people on the forum, so I thought I'd post.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
You have just totally made my day! I picked up the KDD and was immediately hooked on this series, so picked up volumes 2-7 right away.

With the exception of #2 and #10 in the series (which are still $7.69), the others have now been reduced to $2.99 on Amazon also. So, I just returned volumes 3-7 and repurchased them for the lower price (saving almost $5/ea), and added 8, 9 and 11. Will hold out a couple of days to see what happens to #10.

Probably more info than you really wanted to know - but, thank you so much for pointing this out!

mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Thanks for the info on reduced pricing, Synamon! (And darn you, Synamon, for tempting me once again to exceed my book budget...)
I've read all of these from the library, have a few on my shelves in pbook. Maybe I can control myself, look and make sure I'm not just replacing pbooks, etc.
For those of you tempted: yes, you can read them out of order, until you get to the later books. (Although the plots pretty much stand alone in the later ones, there is a very important under-current story that will lose it's impact if you skip any of the later ones.) They're very re-readable. (I only keep p-books if I feel they are.)
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
You have just totally made my day! I picked up the KDD and was immediately hooked on this series, so picked up volumes 2-7 right away.

With the exception of #2 and #10 in the series (which are still $7.69), the others have now been reduced to $2.99 on Amazon also. So, I just returned volumes 3-7 and repurchased them for the lower price (saving almost $5/ea), and added 8, 9 and 11. Will hold out a couple of days to see what happens to #10.

Probably more info than you really wanted to know - but, thank you so much for pointing this out!

You're welcome and thanks for the love. I do like Amazon's return policy. I returned a Poisoned Pen Press mystery this morning that I'd bought last week which is now free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
Thanks for the info on reduced pricing, Synamon! (And darn you, Synamon, for tempting me once again to exceed my book budget...)
I bought a handful of these based on YOUR recommendation, so I think you have that the wrong way around.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote