Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #421
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
For those using the latest Nickel Menu (0.5.0), are you still able to access Wikipedia after making a selection, either from the Wikipedia logo or the dedicated "Search in Wikipedia" menu choice?

See the discussion here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336577; using Nickel Menu seems to be perhaps the common factor in having a problem with this.

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 01-15-2021 at 04:52 PM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #422
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Yep. Uninstalled NM and wikipedia works
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #423
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
NM and WP both work, no idea about the NM version though
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #424
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I apologize for not catching this bug before the v0.5.0 release. I will update my release process to include tests for built-in firmware features related to functions hooked by NickelMenu to prevent this from happening in the future.

I'll fix it later today or tomorrow.

Just in case I can't reproduce it: can someone send me a log with both a normal Wikipedia lookup and a NM selection menu item. Also tell me which language you are using and which language the book is in.
_____
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:08 PM   #425
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Also could anyone tell me what dir to put the custom icon in? TIA.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:47 PM   #426
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
It doesn't matter. I'd personally recommend /mnt/onboard/.adds/nm/.icon.png.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:48 PM   #427
geek1011
Wizard

NickelMenu v0.5.1

This release fixes a regression introduced in v0.5.0 which caused the built-in Wikipedia search to fail.

See the release on GitHub for more details.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #428
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
You can place the icon anywhere by writing the path in the config file, for example
Code:
experimental: menu_main_15505_icon:  /mnt/onboard/.adds/nm/icon/nm.png
@geek1011
As a suggestion, it can be done by default - if the 'icon' folder is present, take the icon from there without adding entries to the config? If there is no such folder - the default icon. It's probably easier for users ...

oops, late answer
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #429
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
As a suggestion, it can be done by default - if the 'icon' folder is present, take the icon from there without adding entries to the config? If there is no such folder - the default icon. It's probably easier for users ...
Experimental options are meant to be difficult by design . If I make this a non-experimental option in the future, NM will load the icon from .adds/nm/icon.png by default if it exists, and images will be added to the config ignore list.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:32 AM   #430
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you! I already have my menu with icons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu.png
Views:	382
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	184795  
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:58 PM   #431
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
I'm very late to the party, but thanks @geek1011 for this! This is definitely my favorite tweak for Kobo, now that I've tried it. Thank you for your work!
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:02 AM   #432
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
I'm also finding NickelMenu to be terrifically useful, thank you @geek1011 and everyone who has worked to make this possible!
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:04 PM   #433
charlitos
charlitos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to thank the developers, NickelMenu is a very useful tool.

Now the issue... I prepared the config file to invert the screen and it worked smoothly. Nonetheless, after a couple of minutes of comfortably reading in the dark, the inverted screen suddenly turns off back to normal, dazzling me. I can then turn it on again, but the same occurs later.

I've tried to invert the screen using "toggle" and "enable/disable" in locations "main" and "reader". None of these solves the problem. I'm not including any other menu items (at first I thought it was the rotation of the screen).

Any idea what can I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance
charlitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:13 PM   #434
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlitos View Post

I've tried to invert the screen using "toggle" and "enable/disable" in locations "main" and "reader". None of these solves the problem. I'm not including any other menu items (at first I thought it was the rotation of the screen).
What model Kobo do you have? I have the same issue on my original Kobo Aura HD (the 6.8-inch model). I do NOT have the issue on my Kobo Clara HD.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #435
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
What model Kobo do you have? I have the same issue on my original Kobo Aura HD (the 6.8-inch model). I do NOT have the issue on my Kobo Clara HD.
That's interesting. Does it happen with devmode on? Also, does the syslog or dmesg say anything interesting?

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel