Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-08-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Time to upgrade from Kindle Fire 7" 5th Generation?

I've been getting more discouraged at how slow my Kindle Fire 7" is, but it has lasted me a long time, since they came out with the special $50 or so dollar price.

The last thing I see happening is on a new book I bought from Kindle Books. I read through to a page, then bookmark it, and the next day the books starts back at the beginning. I have to remember and go through the index to find the right chapter/page again.

Any advice, or maybe an idea on what to buy as a replacement?

Thank you all for any help, Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The first question is, do you want an eink reader or a tablet like the Fire?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:42 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
If you want to read, buy a Paperwhite. If you want a tablet, buy a real android or iOS tablet.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:59 PM   #4
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I don't know what an eink is, so I'll look it up. I don't like reading from my larger tablets. I think the Paperwhite looks too small. The 7" is a really good size for me. I always find cases, been lucky so far, that made my 7" and my previous Nook Reader like holding a book from both sides. here's a photo of that last cover I bought. This one is for Paperwhite, but I'll have to just look around at the reader sizes I guess. Thanks to both of you: https://www.amazon.com/ACdream-Paper...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Old 06-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The Oasis and the Kobo Libra are 7''. Both are eink, meaning they're perfect for reading, but you can't really do anything else with them, like play videos or install apps. They weigh much less than the Fire and are suitable for holding in one hand.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #6
abbynormal52
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The Oasis and the Kobo Libra are 7''. Both are eink, meaning they're perfect for reading, but you can't really do anything else with them, like play videos or install apps. They weigh much less than the Fire and are suitable for holding in one hand.
Thank you Sirtel as well as the others, again,

I was looking around Amazon and found a Kindle Fire from 2019 at the same, low price I payed in 2015. But this one has 16gb. Since the other reader lasted me this long, hours of reading, I decided I might get lucky again

I do appreciate the help, and this will be easy as I am used to the Kindle Fire,

Denise alias abbynormal PS I do only use it to read books so this will be fine again and I can do a little surfing the internet if I want to, occasionally.