Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
aspfun
aspfun began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-350
What files to copy to Kindle Fire HD?

After converting and saving to disk, there are three files in PC: x.mobi, cover.jpeg and metadata.opf. Since I run Calibre in xp, book can not sent to KFHD from Calibre directly.
What files should copy to KFHD from Calibre library in PC?

Last edited by aspfun; 01-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.
aspfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
I'm assuming that you want to do direct connect and not email the book through Calibre? Just side-load the mobi files and you should be good to go.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Kwality
Fervent Reader
Kwality began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire HD
You could try using the Send to Kindle for PC software which is available for free from Amazon. It adds another option to the right-click menu and you can even choose which Kindle to send it, if you should own more than one device. You simply select the file you want to send (in your sample it would be the mobi file only, right click and select Send to Kindle.

I use it regularly and find the book on my Kindle within a few seconds.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Last edited by Kwality; 01-11-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
Kwality is offline   Reply With Quote