Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Scribe and setting formating?

I'm considering getting a Scribe for my mother. My concern is be able to get formatting that she likes, i.e. font size, line spacing, and (side) margins.

I currently use calibre to do format shifting. Would I be able to, using calibre, do a format conversion to set the font size, line spacing, and margins to something she likes? Will I be able to set calibre conversion options just once, and be able to simply press the Convert button for all future conversions?

I'm also willing to use FONT_RAMP if I can set it is just once.

And please, no comments about the Kobo Elipsa (or other Kobo devices), I'm looking into that on another thread.

Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
For font size, you can use FONT_RAMP. It's global, meaning all books on the device (which must be in the azw3 format, as FONT_RAMP doesn't work with KFX).

Conversion options are trickier, because the individual css of books can be pretty different. You can set your preferences in Preferences -> Common Options -> Look & Feel -> Styling -> Extra CSS (for example, body {line-height: 2em}, but the book css may override this on the paragraph level. So you should first remove all the css styles you want to override (put line-height in the box Select what style information you want completely removed -> Other CSS Properties and convert epub to epub. Then convert the resulting epub to azw3 and now delete line-height from the box you put it in while doing the first conversion, so that the extra css you specified in the common options can do its thing.

All this can be done in bulk, no need to do it one by one.

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-13-2022 at 03:45 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert