Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Anyone familar with this case for an ancient Kobo Aura One?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...WEORNR16&psc=1

The right edge of the case (the side holding the ereader) looks very, very narrow. I like a case that allows a comfortable grip. I'm not certain if this would satisfy that specific need.

There's only one review, so.....?

I rarely use this device any more, because the beautiful screen on my Libra 2 far surpasses the screen on the older Kobo Aura One. However, like Jon, I prefer to have my ereaders protected.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:53 PM   #2
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
I just received this case for my Aura One, which I use rarely these days, like you I prefer my Libra 2. The new case seems OK, but I haven't really tried it out yet as I only use the Aura One whilst I charge the Libra.

Nevertheless I shall give it some immediate use and let you know, but the initial use it seems OK and comfortable. Although I am a little puzzled by the external sleeve and what it's purpose is.

I did extensive research to find a cover but the one you suggest was the only one available, anyway.

I had loaned my Aura One to a friend who somehow destroyed the original case a Kobo original. Moral don't lend your ereader or remove the cover first
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:55 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^

Thank you for your response.

What exactly do you mean by an external sleeve? (Perhaps I just missed seeing this in the photos on the link I provided?)

I look forward to your impressions of this case.

By the way, there is, at the very least, one additional case for this ancient dinosaur, but the cover (I think) opens upward.

This tired old ereader was great in its time, but the current and oh-so-beautiful screen on the Libra 2 cannot be surpassed - in my opinion. The form factor of the Kobo Aura One is great, but the screen is like holding dirty underwear up to one's face.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-13-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:44 PM   #4
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^

What exactly do you mean by an external sleeve? (Perhaps I just missed seeing this in the photos on the link I provided?)

By the way, there is, at the very least, one additional case for this ancient dinosaur, but the cover (I think) opens upward.
The large curve you see on the photo is actually an external sleeve, it is like the rest of the cover, rather well made and attractive. the sleeves purpose is beyond me but it doesn't get in the way.
The cover fits well (I bought the blue one) it is not particularly heavy, although I usually read with the ereader propped up vertically. I read an entire book with it before going back to my Libra 2. I found no detrimental issues with the cover, not too heavy and quite comfortable. I regard it as good value for the price.

Can you send me a link to the additional case you discovered, I'm intrigued as I saw no other cases in my research
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:34 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry for the late reply:

Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DNP8SYFQ&psc=1

(I don't like a 'flip-book' style.)

And one more:

(I don't like the metal thingy; I had this design on a different ebook reader and didn't like it.)

None of these excite me...the search continues.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:47 PM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:

And one more:

(I don't like the metal thingy; I had this design on a different ebook reader and didn't like it.)
I never liked the metal thingy either, but I ordered a different design in this style (also kwmobile) in desperation. Every time I folded the cover behind the reader, it turned the reader off. I experimented a bit with blocking the magnets to no avail, so back it went. I’d not order a kwmobile cover again. My MoKo cover’s still going strong; it’s just got cosmetic issues and I can live with them* — better than I can live with a reader that goes to sleep whenever I try to read it.

*I touched up the flaking edges a bit with a marker and now it looks fine, in fact; a little shabby but not totally decrepit.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #7
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
I bought a new kwmobile case for my Aura ONE recently and alas, the plastic shell part was noticeably and unusably warped. I suspect this is due to it being very old stock sitting on a shelf for several years etc.

So buyer beware, and make sure you can get a refund "in case".
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:36 AM   #8
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Anyone familar with this case for an ancient Kobo Aura One?

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...WEORNR16&psc=1

The right edge of the case (the side holding the ereader) looks very, very narrow. I like a case that allows a comfortable grip. I'm not certain if this would satisfy that specific need.

There's only one review, so.....?

I rarely use this device any more, because the beautiful screen on my Libra 2 far surpasses the screen on the older Kobo Aura One. However, like Jon, I prefer to have my ereaders protected.

That’s a gorgeous case. Makes me wish I still had an Aura One to put into it. If you purchase it and dislike it, Amazon returns are fairly easy. You might as well try it out.

I’ve always had good results with Moko cases for my Kobos, too, but there don’t seem to be any listed for Kobo Aura ONEs anymore.

Last edited by Cootey; 02-06-2023 at 09:42 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 11:18 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
That’s a gorgeous case. Makes me wish I still had an Aura One to put into it. If you purchase it and dislike it, Amazon returns are fairly easy. You might as well try it out.

I’ve always had good results with Moko cases for my Kobos, too, but there don’t seem to be any listed for Kobo Aura ONEs anymore.

I live in a depressed [depressing] country and only travel to my home country once a year. To return something - anything - is unfortunately not an option.

I may, however, buy it with the hope that I will like it. If not, we have two trash cans in the kitchen.

ADDED: I'm not really too concerned, because my Libra 2 [I call him 'Frank'] has such a beautiful screen. My breath is taken away every time I hold Frank. This makes my wife somewhat jealous.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-11-2023 at 11:25 AM.