Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2020, 05:19 AM   #8551
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Around the time of the release of Changes (or most likely soon after) he indicated during some interviews that there might be 21 or 22 novels before the trilogy.

With Battle Ground being book 17, then another 4 or 5 books? Then a 3 book grand finale? I hope he gets back on the book every year schedule.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #8552
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
With Battle Ground being book 17, then another 4 or 5 books? Then a 3 book grand finale? I hope he gets back on the book every year schedule.
I hope so too. Meaning one Dresden book a year, so two books total each year: one Dresden, one Cinder Spires.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #8553
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I hope so too. Meaning one Dresden book a year, so two books total each year: one Dresden, one Cinder Spires.
Indeed, because if he continues on his last-established schedule, I'll be dead before he's finished Dresden. OTOH, I haven't raced out to buy this last one, so..arguably, he rightly doesn't care if I croak or not.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:03 PM   #8554
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Days to the release

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #8555
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
I found "Peace Talks" to be pretty short. Finished in a couple of days. Could easily have just sat down and polished it off in one sitting.

I should do a re-read of the series because the announcement by Thomas on the first page threw me. "How is that possible? When did Thomas become able to touch Justine without getting burned?" Rather than delay reading the book I just decided "OK, so he can. Continuing on!"
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:50 AM   #8556
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
I found "Peace Talks" to be pretty short. Finished in a couple of days. Could easily have just sat down and polished it off in one sitting.

I should do a re-read of the series because
Spoiler:
the announcement by Thomas on the first page threw me. "How is that possible? When did Thomas become able to touch Justine without getting burned?" Rather than delay reading the book I just decided "OK, so he can. Continuing on!"
Not a spoiler for Peace Talks, but for a previous book.
Spoiler:

On your reread concentrate on Ghost Story. That is where Justine removes her protection by
Spoiler:

separating love from sex. Apparently she can turn it on and off.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 07-29-2020 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tag to quoted post
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #8557
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Days to the release

Old Today, 02:04 PM   #8558
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Days to the release

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy