Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #46
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynLouis View Post
Yoy know, I've never had a diet work for me - sad but true. Finally, I just decided to watch what I do. I figured out how many calories I burn a day, and then how much I could eat. If I want to eat more, then I do more. If I eat too much, then I eat less the next day - and do more.

These things help me burn -
One hour of any aerobics, step or yoga class
Walking uphill on the treadmill (without holding on)

Enjoy!
That's about what I am doing. I just have to count the kilojoules for a while to keep on track. I am now doing 4 x BodyBalance/Yoga classes a week, and ride my treadlie at least 30 minutes most days, and we have a 15 minute walk around the block every evening after dinner.

Thats why (for the benefit of people worried about my bum getting to skinny) my arse will never be flat. There is maxima in my maximus!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #47
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Eat like a king
work out like a slave
have a body of a god
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #48
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Eat like a king
work out like a slave
have a body of a god
Damn... I knew that when I worked as a king and ate as a slave I was doing something wrong.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #49
CathrynLouis
Enthusiast
CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
That's about what I am doing. I just have to count the kilojoules for a while to keep on track. I am now doing 4 x BodyBalance/Yoga classes a week, and ride my treadlie at least 30 minutes most days, and we have a 15 minute walk around the block every evening after dinner.

Thats why (for the benefit of people worried about my bum getting to skinny) my arse will never be flat. There is maxima in my maximus!
Neither will mine. Can't lose it if you use it!

Quote:
Eat like a king
work out like a slave
have a body of a god
HT - great words to live by. I knew I was meant to be a goddess...
CathrynLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #50
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Look at my avatar.
This is what happens with a veg diet!
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #51
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Look at my avatar.
This is what happens with a veg diet!
You need some meat!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #52
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sunday. Meat day. That's a T bone steak, already too cooked for my taste.

I put the salt out of the heat. I use a special salt from France: Fleur de Sel de Guérande.
And absolutely no spices or herbs of any kind.

That is exactly what I was planning for this Sunday. With a bottle of Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil that can be drunk at a civilized temperature for this season, that is out of the fridge.

Accompanied by a very good appetite.

Care to come? I have a piece of 3 pounds that is waiting to be shared. If you accept I will book a special trebuchet for you.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #53
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:

I put the salt out of the heat. I use a special salt from France: Fleur de Sel de Guérande.

That is exactly what I was planning for this Sunday. With a bottle of Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil that can be drunk at a civilized temperature for this season, that is out of the fridge.

Accompanied by a very good appetite.

Care to come? I have a piece of 3 pounds that is waiting to be shared. If you accept I will book a special trebuchet for you.
Book it now! Can I come in my pyjamas? The Blue kittie ones are fresh off the washing line and onto my just bathed self
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #54
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:

I developed a taste for steak in Britain. Medium rare or sometimes rare! Who would have thought? I eat meat with blood! No spices or herbs, just meat...yummy.
I noticed, my stomach likes it too. I feel great after that meal vs. any other type of meat with oil, salt and spices. Not that I feel bad after latter but I quite often feel some sort of heaviness in my spare tyre. Not after the proper steak though

What I cannot stand in this country is curry. At least Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani variety
I tried it once in Japanese restaurant and it was completely different. Like a different meal altogether.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #55
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Eat like a king
work out like a slave
have a body of a god
I've done that. You just missed 2 things:
  • Feel like a beaten dog every morning.
  • Start looking like a Rubens model, because you stopped the "work like a slave part" but continued the "eat like a king" one
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #56
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
  • Start looking like a Rubens model, because you stopped the "work like a slave part" but continued the "eat like a king" one
And have the body of a god if the god in question happens to be Buddha.

(I'll get me coat...)
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #57
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post

You made my day!

Wait! You are cheating! You cannot look like Rubens model. You are male, for goodness sake!

Last edited by astra; 06-09-2010 at 11:13 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #58
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Book it now! Can I come in my pyjamas? The Blue kittie ones are fresh off the washing line and onto my just bathed self
Sunday morning. If you want to come earlier just do it. LD will be so happy to see a real life serpentella, W she is really nice. Worst come worst we'll just get smashed bragging about and telling ribald stories.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #59
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Lost 50 pounds (23 KG) since September, and not on purpose. 's amazing what Ulcerative Colitis, chronic infection, and type 2 diabetes will do for your waistline.

Now that I’ve got all of that under control, I’m hoping to maintain my slightly underweight condition. My low carb diabetes diet should help with that.

The next question is what to do with all of those size 38 trousers.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #60
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
thrift shop?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote