Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 10:51 AM   #46
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It looks like the most recent releases moved the "data" and "fonts" folders, along with the "defaults.persistent.lua" and "settings.reader.lua" files, to the internal storage (user area) inside a "koreader" folder. My old "sdcard" folder is still there as well but it is empty.

The "dict" folder is inside the "data" folder.

I will edit the other post.

Luck;
Ken
This is one of the paths (also where "settings.reader.lua" appears for me) I've tried, but unfortunately it does not work on my device. I am using the latest nightly version; perhaps I'll try an earlier version.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #47
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
With the current release you should have:

../koreader/fonts/
../koreader/data/dict/
../koreader/data/hyph/
../koreader/data/tessdata/
../koreader/defaults.persistent.lua
../koreader/settings.reader.lua

Do you have the koreader folder listed at the beginning of your device's internal storage? If so is there a data folder inside the koreader folder?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #48
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
With the current release you should have:

../koreader/fonts/
../koreader/data/dict/
../koreader/data/hyph/
../koreader/data/tessdata/
../koreader/defaults.persistent.lua
../koreader/settings.reader.lua

Do you have the koreader folder listed at the beginning of your device's internal storage? If so is there a data folder inside the koreader folder?

Luck;
Ken
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding. (I'm on the road.)

The files you and directories you reference above are not being generated for me.

I manually created
../koreader
../koreader/data/dict (containing the same Stardict folders I use on my Kobo)
and added ../koreader/data/defaults.persistent.lua (copied from my Kobo)

../koreader/settings.reader.lua did appear later, presumably after I changed one of the default settings.

But I have been so far unable to get the files and directories you list to automagically appear. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest stable version as well as a few of the recently nightlies but none seems to do the trick.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #49
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding. (I'm on the road.)

The files you and directories you reference above are not being generated for me.

I manually created
../koreader
../koreader/data/dict (containing the same Stardict folders I use on my Kobo)
and added ../koreader/data/defaults.persistent.lua (copied from my Kobo)

../koreader/settings.reader.lua did appear later, presumably after I changed one of the default settings.

But I have been so far unable to get the files and directories you list to automagically appear. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest stable version as well as a few of the recently nightlies but none seems to do the trick.
Does the dictionary function now work? (With the "../koreader/data/dict (containing the same Stardict folders I use on my Kobo")) it should.

Luck;
Ken

Does your recent nightly install include a /koreader/datastorage.lua?

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-30-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #50
gummihuhn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Does the dictionary function now work? (With the "../koreader/data/dict (containing the same Stardict folders I use on my Kobo")) it should.
No it doesn't work.

Quote:
Does your recent nightly install include a /koreader/datastorage.lua?
No this doesn't appear.

To summarize:
  • No file or directory but ../koreader/settings.reader.lua has appeared without me manually adding it, and that only happens after I have added ../koreader manually then subsequently changed a setting.
  • When I move the ../koreader folder to a different location than default storage, it gets moved back to default storage (usually after a full system crash/reboot) but then endlessly recurring subfolders called 'koreader' are added (../koreader/koreader/koreader/koreader and so on).
  • ../koreader/defaults.persistent.lua works properly once I've manually copied it there from my Kobo.
  • even with ../koreader/data/dict (containing the same Stardict folders I use on my Kobo), the dictionaries do not work. I have removed and re-added the dictionaries more than once without luck. When I try to look up any word I always get "No definition found."

Despite these problems I'm really liking the app. Progress sync with my Kobo in particular is working very nicely.
Advert
Old 10-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #51
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
No it doesn't work.

No this doesn't appear.

To summarize:
  • No file or directory but ../koreader/settings.reader.lua has appeared without me manually adding it, and that only happens after I have added ../koreader manually then subsequently changed a setting.
  • When I move the ../koreader folder to a different location than default storage, it gets moved back to default storage (usually after a full system crash/reboot) but then endlessly recurring subfolders called 'koreader' are added (../koreader/koreader/koreader/koreader and so on).
  • ../koreader/defaults.persistent.lua works properly once I've manually copied it there from my Kobo.
  • even with ../koreader/data/dict (containing the same Stardict folders I use on my Kobo), the dictionaries do not work. I have removed and re-added the dictionaries more than once without luck. When I try to look up any word I always get "No definition found."

Despite these problems I'm really liking the app. Progress sync with my Kobo in particular is working very nicely.
Well there is definitely something wrong with that install of the android version, I don't know if other Google Nexus 7 users are having the same problems, or not. It sounds like Koreader is aware of the /koreader/ location, but it also is missing an important file.

Luck;
Ken
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #52
gummihuhn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Well there is definitely something wrong with that install of the android version, I don't know if other Google Nexus 7 users are having the same problems, or not. It sounds like Koreader is aware of the /koreader/ location, but it also is missing an important file.

Luck;
Ken
Yes, that seems to be the case. I will keep trying and will post here if I have any breakthroughs or learn anything new about the issue.

Thanks as always for the help Ken.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #53
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Bump for Update added to first post.

Luck;
Ken
Old 10-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #54
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
I'd say toss a screenshot of KOReader on Android in the first post. Thanks.

I'm going to report a non-working KOReader for my phone too (Mega 6.3" on Kitkat 4.4.2), neither nightly or stable seemed to behave. It's same as this error.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-25-2015 at 08:33 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #55
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Hi,

On the M96 the app hangs when you try to load a PDF. The M96 is a e-ink reader with android 4.0.3.

The app starts and loads the file manager, but then if you try to open a PDF it hangs (becomes unresponsive).
Same as mine it also hangs. I think their's a problem with the application.
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #56
Ken Maltby
Wizard

There is a new nightly that addresses some Android version issues. (For the technically inclined; you can click on the "# commits to master since this release", of the release previous to the current one, to see the code changes that should be in the current release.)

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-29-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #57
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My koreader works fine with my asus zenfone 5. But sometime it hangs up anyway nice apps so far.
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #58
josmn
josmn began at the beginning.

Device: m96
I installed koreader on onyx i86

it works on pdf and epub. the dictionary works also.

Problems:

1. English-Hebrew dictionary displays the hebrew inverted.

2. some problems in the reflow. the last line get lost sometimes.
josmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #59
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
I've been trying this on my onyx boox i86. How do I change the font size ?
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #60
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
I've been trying this on my onyx boox i86. How do I change the font size ?
If it is in a PDF you might have to turn "Reflow" on, for the sizing menu to work. In epubs you may have to overcome some embedded styling, but otherwise the sizing menu should work. Or you could select another font from the fonts menu.

The menus appear when you poke the top of the screen.

Luck;
Ken