Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #3091
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Code:
./luajit: plugins/send2ebook.koplugin/main.lua:202: attempt to call method 'lazyInitialization' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	plugins/send2ebook.koplugin/main.lua:202: in function 'onConfirm'
	frontend/ui/downloadmgr.lua:52: in function 'onConfirm'
	frontend/ui/widget/pathchooser.lua:131: in function 'callback'
	frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:218: in function 'action'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:716: in function '_checkTasks'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:993: in function 'handleInput'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:1079: in function 'run'
	./reader.lua:234: in main chunk
	[C]: at 0x00013b61
https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L202

You could see if changing that to Send2Ebook:lazyInitialization() does the trick, since I definitely don't want to actually look at that plugin.
Thank you, Frenzie,

I don't know anything about programming so I am confused here.
1) the main.lua file on github contains 229 lines while the one on my device 261 lines. The two Line 202 are not the same. Please see the attachments with a txt and a word file (with line numbers added) of mine.
2) by "changing that to Send2Ebook:lazyInitialization()", do you mean adding the 9 lines you provided (with "[C]: at 0x00013b61" as the last line) somewhere or replacing something in the main.lua?

I wonder if you could kindly post a modified main.lua so I can download and replace the one on my device and try. I figure it might take a lot of time for you to type here and try to explain to me how to do it. I have the copy of the old one saved on my PC so I can later compare it with your modified version and learn how the editing is done. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: docx main.docx (17.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: rar main.lua on my kobo original format.rar (2.6 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by jshzh; 04-19-2019 at 06:28 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:45 AM   #3092
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Those lines show why the program crashed. They're from your log.

The change is only line 202: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4944/files
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #3093
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Thank you, Frenzie. The modification works like a charm on both units.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #3094
ahdemir81
ahdemir81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2. Ed
2 Problems with Koreader

I have a Kobo h2o 2e. I've set up the Koreader KFS 9. I'm having two problems. Can you help me?
1- When I download books via FTP, Koredaer does not read books.
2- I can not see Webdav Yandex subfolders.
ahdemir81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #3095
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you clarify what you mean by 1?
Old 05-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #3096
ahdemir81
ahdemir81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2. Ed
The books I downloaded via FTP are not opened. The program says "This format is not overridden". But the Format is either PDF or Epub.
ahdemir81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #3097
Ron B.
Ron B. began at the beginning.

Device: Aura 132 Gb
Question Faster SD? Processor debug tool?

Noticed my old aura that bricked during update still gets seen by windows device handler briefly. Makes me wonder if there is an arm processor tool out there I could use to flash an OS on to it?

Noticed sometimes Koreader can load huge a SD directory fast and other times I have to take five while I wait for it.

Any partition support for SD cards?

was thinking sleep exit message could use a few more options like, when was sleep initiated , how long it was running, battery.
Ron B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:20 PM   #3098
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
to delete

Last edited by The_Immortal; 07-15-2019 at 12:49 AM.
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #3099
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
this author uses very long word combinations, with hyphen or slash. Hyphenation is active, but doesn't split the words
Spoiler:

serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #3100
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm assuming we don't hyphen on slashes, much like we didn't hyphen on em-dashes until very recently?

I'm not even sure we *should*, but at least that explains the rivers here .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:39 AM   #3101
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
There is not a single hyphen on the page. It seems to me that they are disabled by css on this book. Maybe you could try to enable them with style tweaks > text> allow hyphenation on all text. It would not change anything on the big slash word but the result should be better.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #3102
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Is possible to fine adjust margins, word gap, etc. editing some text file? Thanks
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #3103
Frenzie
Wizard

You can look in insert_bookname.sdr/meta.lua and settings.reader.lua.

Make a backup in case you mess up the syntax.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #3104
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I've learned how to set a default value by long pressing it. However, I don't know how to set a default font size of 25 in the bottom menu (which I reached using the fine tuning controls). I can only set default values for those sizes with icons in the screen (24 or 26). Is it possible to set defaults for fine tuned font size values? Thanks!

Last edited by pblasi; 08-31-2019 at 10:44 AM.
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 01:15 PM   #3105
Frenzie
Wizard

It looks like that can't be done through the GUI. For the moment you can edit settings.reader.lua.

Make a backup first if you don't want to risk losing your settings if you make a mistake.

It'll be the line that says something like:

Code:
["copt_font_size"] = 22,
You can change it to anything, so also something even more finely tuned like 24.1. Not everything will result in a difference in pixels of course, but because the GUI was originally created for Kindles from 2012ish finer per-pixel details might potentially be lost on higher DPI devices.