Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
billwmc7
billwmc7 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
CC Transfer problems

CC only transfers part of the books I want to move over to my tablet. I have the latest versions of Caliber and CC.

I'm trying to synchronize my Caliber library with CC on a Samsung Galaxy Tab over USB cable (because I cannot get the wireless to work). I've got the content server working and connected to CC, I go down the list and select the books for download, and I get the green check box that says they are there; however, about one half of them come over. The magic number seems to be 18.

I've looked in the CC directory on the SD card and the count matches what I see in CC. Where are the rest of them?
billwmc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:20 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC doesn't support syncing using USB. Books transferred that way don't appear in CC's database.

As for transfers using the content server: are you using the demo version of CC? It is limited to 20 books.

I am confused about what you are saying about the green check marks. Are you saying that CC's content server connection screen shows a green check mark for a book, but when you return to CC's main list that book is not there?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
wmc7
wmc7 began at the beginning.

First things first: I purchased CC on 9 Apr 2018, order GPA.3313-5934-7605-00683. If there is an activation code I do not have it. I am running version 5.4.4.1 (392), specifically not the Demo version.
wmc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #4
wmc7
wmc7 began at the beginning.

OK, by fooling with my wireless network I managed to make a connection to CC. Transfers were successful and it will definitely hold more than 20 books. I rebuilt my network with a mesh system and think I went down a rabbit hole with the content server because the wireless wouldn't work. But it's all better now.

Thanks for your prompt response and sorry for my self-initiated problem.
wmc7 is offline   Reply With Quote