Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Kindle Oasis first generation

I had the old Oasis in my wish list ever since I traded it in for the newest one. I miss the form factor. It finally went on sale and I jumped as it sold out fast for used very good condition. It came yesterday and actually looks like new. It listed as with charging cover. That was missing in the box. Yes, I took every nook and cranny apart and still missing in action. A call to customer service and they searched and searched to try and find just the battery cover. We did eventually find one and it is on its way.

Has anyone else ever had an order missing parts? CS has been terrific assisting.

M
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #2
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
I have bought a number of refurbished Kindle Oasis 8th Generations, from Amazon in the past. They were supposed to come with charging cases, but most of them didn't.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
I have bought a number of refurbished Kindle Oasis 8th Generations, from Amazon in the past. They were supposed to come with charging cases, but most of them didn't.
Did amazon end up sending it to you?
Old 04-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
Did amazon end up sending it to you?
No, because although they were refurbished and still sealed in their boxes, I didn't purchase them directly from Amazon. On the product reviews for the Refurbished Kindle Oasis 8th on Amazon, I saw a number of complaints about missing charging covers.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
No, because although they were refurbished and still sealed in their boxes, I didn't purchase them directly from Amazon. On the product reviews for the Refurbished Kindle Oasis 8th on Amazon, I saw a number of complaints about missing charging covers.
I wonder if these are coming from the same channel used for warranty replacements? Those, at least, don't include charging covers (annoying, since any accident that destroys the Oasis is quite likely to do a number on the cover as well).

Given that the covers are the most likely component to be damaged -- that's kind of the point of making the cover a cover -- they are annoyingly hard to replace. They haven't been available in the UK for years, and they won't ship them from the US store because they contain a battery: i had to get a friend to literally smuggle one into the country and hand it to me as he passed by on the train!
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
SKK
Addict

That is a possibility. On the outside of the sealed box it said, with leather cover, and yet around 8 out of 10 on the ones I got didn't have it.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:14 AM   #7
WestCactus
Zealot

Quote:
That is a possibility. On the outside of the sealed box it said, with leather cover, and yet around 8 out of 10 on the ones I got didn't have it.
That might be why they didn’t question it. I was afraid I would have to prove it somehow.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #8
WestCactus
Zealot

Quote:
Did you end up buying the cover? They are hard to find.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #9
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
Did you end up buying the cover? They are hard to find.
No, I didn't buy covers for them.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #10
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My O1 wouldn't be useful much anymore without a cover. When it was new it could get about 7 hours of battery on its own. Now Its probably more like 2. I haven't tested it lately, been in the cover all the time. I actually bought a 2nd cover while back when they had them on sale briefly for like under $20 on Amazon. Both of the covers still hold the battery a long time. I can't tell a difference than when they were new. But since I have other kindles, I don't use it as much anymore as I used to. Its nice though to pick it up now, fits nicely in my hand. Nice form and size.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #11
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
I have a used spare I picked up from Amazon Warehouse last year for $16. They seem to want a lot more than that now, but they do still have them

Link
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #12
WestCactus
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffwood View Post
I have a used spare I picked up from Amazon Warehouse last year for $16. They seem to want a lot more than that now, but they do still have them

Link
Sitting in my wish list for another sale. Amazon did send me one since it was not in the box.