Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Question (20090508 beta) sleep mode??

I have the 20090508 beta firmware installed. When the battery gets below about 60% & I don't do anything for an hour or so, it appears to go to sleep, i.e. only the power button seems to be active. The power button reboots. This means that my clock setting, my place in the book I'm reading, and any tags and bookmarks are lost. Is this the normal mode for this version? Is there another way to wake the reader up?

It doesn't seem to happen when the battery is nearly full.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Don't think so.
I'm currently at 51% with no problem--just picked from an overnight pause. I've gone at least as low as 31% with no problem, probably lower...
Could be a function of the reader/viewer app; I use fbreader and coolreader only.
No pdfs allowed on my bebook. :-)
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I have the 20090508 beta firmware installed. When the battery gets below about 60% & I don't do anything for an hour or so, it appears to go to sleep, i.e. only the power button seems to be active. The power button reboots. This means that my clock setting, my place in the book I'm reading, and any tags and bookmarks are lost. Is this the normal mode for this version? Is there another way to wake the reader up?

It doesn't seem to happen when the battery is nearly full.
It could possibly be a problem with the battery controller inside your battery?
A normal orderly power down does not loose the place in the book that you are reading, so you must have had a power problem that did an abrupt power down?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:43 AM   #4
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
I've seen this myself though rarely. I'm seriously considering getting an original Nokia battery.

And the place in the book tends to be preserved in most cases for me.