Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-23-2022, 11:47 PM   #1
acarter5
acarter5 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox note air
Anyone able to get VSCode's remote debugger to work with calibre?

I followed the instructions here and here but when I run `calibre-develop -g` I get this error:

dubugpy raise RuntimeError("timed out waiting for adapter to connect") RuntimeError: timed out waiting for adapter to connect

anyone else had any luck with this?
acarter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 01:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to run calibre-debug -g not calibre-develop -g
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2022, 03:35 AM   #3
acarter5
acarter5 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox note air
Thank you for responding Kovid!

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. My understanding (per: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/dev...nt-environment) was that running calibre-develop -g will set the CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM env variable to the source directory which I'm developing from (i.e. where I've added the debugger module and execution) and then run the calibre-debug executable.

That seems to be what's happening... but the execution is erroring out on the debugpy.listen method for some reason.
acarter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 03:47 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah you mean the wrapper script, then I have no idea, I never use IDEs myself, sorry.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote