Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-05-2017, 05:13 AM   #586
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell

Not My Blood (Joe Sandilands #10) - $1.99
[url
https://www.amazon.com/Not-Blood-Sandilands-Investigation-Book-ebook/dp/B007DY5SX0/[/url]

(Joe Sandilands is my sister's favorite series.)
Also $1.99 on Kobo
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #587
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Murder Wears a Mummer's Mask is the 7th in the Mike Shayne series by Brett Halliday. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Wears-...dp/B00WRYEQKW/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/mur...-mummer-s-mask

Spoiler:
Quote:
At a Colorado theatre festival, Mike Shayne investigates a miner’s murder

Private inspector Mike Shayne and his young bride, Phyllis, have escaped Miami for a badly needed vacation, taking in a theatre festival in the picturesque mountains of Colorado. Once a year, this cozy little town is overrun by actors, playwrights, directors, and aficionados, all of whom are as interested in cocktail parties as they are in what happens onstage. After a tiring day, Mike and Phyllis are having drinks in the hotel bar when they hear a woman scream. Her name is Nora Carson, and she is visibly shaken.

After ten long years, Nora believes she has just seen her father, an eccentric old prospector, standing right outside the hotel window. She chases after him, but by the time she reaches him, it is too late. Hours after making his big strike, Nora’s father is dead—and it’s up to Mike Shayne to discover who snuffed him out.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #588
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Murder Wears a Mummer's Mask is the 7th in the Mike Shayne series by Brett Halliday. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Wears-...dp/B00WRYEQKW/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/mur...-mummer-s-mask

Most of those Mike Shayne mysteries appear to be over-priced (in my opinion). I remember these as fun reads when I was a pimply adolescent.

The current price for this one title of these thin PI mysteries is a welcome addition to pricing in way which treats reality as commonplace.

In other words: Buy it already, ya hear?!! Sheeesh!!! Do I gotta spell it out for ya!??!
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #589
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I totally agree, and feel that way too about the slightly lower, but still unreasonable $5.99 that appears to be the standard for Erle Stanley Gardner/Perry Mason titles. With 60-ish Mike Shayne titles and 80-ish Perry Mason titles, replacing my DTBs would be ridiculous at these prices. So the author's estates/publishers don't get any $$$ from me at all, and I don't get to clear my shelves. Oh well...

P.S. I hope you didn't miss the Mike Shayne titles that were very briefly on sale for $0.99 (US only, I think) a while back: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Most of those Mike Shayne mysteries appear to be over-priced (in my opinion). I remember these as fun reads when I was a pimply adolescent.

The current price for this one title of these thin PI mysteries is a welcome addition to pricing in way which treats reality as commonplace.

In other words: Buy it already, ya hear?!! Sheeesh!!! Do I gotta spell it out for ya!??!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #590
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Shadow of the Rock is the first in the Spike Sanguinetti series by Thomas Mogford. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle US. I have read and quite enjoyed this and a couple of other titles in this series. I first read Shadow after reading a history of Gibraltar (originally inspired by reading Uneasy Relations, a Gideon Oliver title set there) and then after reading Shadow, got inspired to go look at Gibraltar with Google Earth. Quite a place...maybe someday I'll get to go...

link: https://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Rock-S...dp/B007N6JDUM/

Spoiler:
Quote:
A humid summer night in Gibraltar. Lawyer Spike Sanguinetti finds Solomon Hassan, an old school friend, waiting on his doorstep. Solomon has been accused of murdering a Spanish girl, Esperanza, in Tangiers - slicing her throat on a beach. He has managed to skip across the Straits but the Moroccan authorities want him back.

In order to delay the extradition, Spike travels to Tangiers. Helped by Solomon's boss, Nadeer - the founder of a renewable-energy company called Dunetech, who are about to close a deal to finance an enormous solar-power site in the Sahara - Spike realises that if he can delay Solomon's trial until after the deal signs, Nadeer will persuade the Governor of Tangiers to bury the extradition demand.

While in Tangiers, Spike meets a beautiful Bedouin girl called Zahra who believes Dunetech are linked to the disappearance of her father. As Spike tries to discover more he finds himself in a dangerous game of secrets, corruption and murderous lies.

The Shadow of the Rock marks the arrival of a compelling new international, character-led thriller series.

Last edited by sufue; 05-07-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Advert
Old 05-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #591
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I totally agree, and feel that way too about the slightly lower, but still unreasonable $5.99 that appears to be the standard for Erle Stanley Gardner/Perry Mason titles. With 60-ish Mike Shayne titles and 80-ish Perry Mason titles, replacing my DTBs would be ridiculous at these prices. So the author's estates/publishers don't get any $$$ from me at all, and I don't get to clear my shelves. Oh well...

P.S. I hope you didn't miss the Mike Shayne titles that were very briefly on sale for $0.99 (US only, I think) a while back: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285683

I was lucky to latch onto all of the Open Road Brett Halliday novels on sale, even his westerns.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #592
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Constable in Control is the 16th in the Constable Nick series by Nicholas Rhea. It is free right now at Kindle US (and probably other Kindle stores...).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Constable-Con...dp/B06XGCN5XZ/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Ever since he arrived from the smoky South, Constable Nick Rhea has been kept on his toes by the petty — and occasionally not so petty — wrongdoings produced by his rural Yorkshire patch…

One particular point of annoyance for the locals is the youths racing around the country lanes in their cars.

He receives nightly calls from one particular local who is most distressed by the reckless teens.

His current puzzle however, is a spate of thefts from remote moorland churches, thefts that may not be unconnected with Claude Jeremiah Greengrass’ latest enterprise, a free grass-cutting service to local churches…

Meanwhile, Sergeant Blaketon is occupied with the tricky task of policing a football match in Whitby.

Little does Blaketon know that his learner driver son Graham has joined the ominously named Killing Pits Club, who plan to take advantage of the absence of Blaketon and his officers in Whitby to stage a reckless, potentially lethal, motor-car time trial around Aidensfield…

Graham’s old friend Denis Meyers has always had trouble fitting in with the member of the Killing Pits Club, who first formed as children on bikes, but have now grown up and bought cars of their own.

As an unqualified driver without a car, Denis is something of an outcast.

He is particularly ostracised by the group unofficial leader, Gordon, who likes to tease Denis and push him to his limits…
But, how far will he go?

Constable in Control is a thrilling and heart-warming tale of a local policeman’s daily struggle against crime in his rural community.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #593
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Constable in Control is the 16th in the Constable Nick series by Nicholas Rhea. It is free right now at Kindle US (and probably other Kindle stores...).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Constable-Con...dp/B06XGCN5XZ/
Thank you. Also free at Amazon UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #594
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Bargain @ $0.99-$3.99 from HarperCollins in Canada & the US (non-couponable, prices should be the same at all the usual retailers):

A large chunk of award-winning author Susan McBride's (SYKM) comedic mysteries (she apparently also writes chick-lit and YA). Just to make things more fun, some books are deep-discounted in the US which aren't in Canada, and vice versa.

@ 99 cents each in both Canada & the US, presumably to promote the upcoming 4th in series which is pre-orderable @ $2.99 in the US ($14.99 in Canada), #1-3 in her River Road series starring a septuagenarian amateur sleuth: To Helen Back (we've gotten this one free in the past), Mad as Helen, Not A Chance in Helen

@ $1.99 USD/$2.99 CAD and up, assorted installments of her Lefty Award-winning and Anthony-finalist Debutante Dropout mysteries starring a slacker webdesigner in Dallas, Texas:
There's also a non-fiction memoir you may be interested in @ $1.99 USD/$3.99 CAD: In the Pink: How I Met the Perfect (Younger) Man, Survived Breast Cancer, and Found True Happiness After 40
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #595
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I count 46 "The Saint" books on sale for $1.49.

https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Meets-h...dp/B00I0I0310/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #596
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

And in UK, 12 at £0.99 each

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...price-asc-rank

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ies_rw_dp_labf
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:18 AM   #597
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Ebooks or scotch on the rocks?

Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 AM   #598
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess I should have said, "$1.49 each" but I guess you knew that.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #599
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20

Trouble is My Business - Raymond Chandler - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/Trouble-My-Bu...dp/B000FBFM3Y/
Old 05-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #600
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I guess I should have said, "$1.49 each" but I guess you knew that.

So THAT was the problem. I thought I had too many scotch on the rocks!