Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Error message converting PRC to LRF

I'm not sure why this isn't working the other two books I tried converted without any problems. I re-downloaded the book and ran it through mobidedrm and when I go to Calibre to convert this is what pops up.

I'd appreciate any and all help in figuring out why the file won't convert.

('IndexError', u'list index out of range'):
Failed to perform job: Convert book:Assassin's Apprentice
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 686, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 659, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 165, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 135, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 28, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 163, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 252, in extract_text
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\palmdoc.pyo", line 31, in decompress_doc
IndexError: list index out of range
Log:
'
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This should be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This should be fixed in the next release.
Okay, so I'm not doing anything wrong and other people have had similar problems?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah llasram recently submitted a patch to me that I've included. Hopefully that will fix this issue.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah llasram recently submitted a patch to me that I've included. Hopefully that will fix this issue.
thanks for getting back to me on this so quickly. I felt like I was going nuts.

I'm hoping this does the trick.

though, I also have some concerns about the actual PRC file because it won't open in mobipocket reader so now I'm not sure if the problem was Calibre or the original source file. The other two books I downloaded last night worked like a charm.

DRM needs to die!!!!!
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
Jupiter3737
Jupiter3737 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How can I convert a dictionary that I bought from mobibook (prc extension) for my pda to be able to be read also on my sony 700?

Tks for your help
Jupiter3737 is offline   Reply With Quote