Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
GatorLMHC
GatorLMHC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader 505
Connect reader already on. error

I have been having a lot of problems with my ebook library software. I am using Vista Home premium. The software will not even come on. (This appears to be a different problem then everyone else is having with it freezing with the reader is attached) The software will not start even if the reader is not attached. Usually Vista just says there is an error and it has to close. Today I tried loading a (patch?) from the sony site explicitly for Vista. However after the wizard loaded I got a error saying it can't load while the connect reader is on. I restarted the computer and got the same result. WHERE do I turn this off? nothing is plugged in. HELP I can buy any books.
GatorLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Sometimes mine doesn't seem to launch, but you look in the task manager it's there (& for some reason using tons of memory) & you have to do and end process on it.

Did you try downloading & installing the new version (2.0.01.03170) of the software to see if that helps or is that what you meant by a patch.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
GatorLMHC

I do believe that is what I was referring to as a patch.

I have looked in the processes and I have not found it there. Unless it has an odd name. (a series of letters instead of connect reader, or something)
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Nothing weird. It's listed as eBook Library.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
GatorLMHC

Okay, that is not running in the processes or applications. (Thanks for your help by the way) I keep thinking it has to be something in my start up file, because it is there even after I restart my computer.
Advert