Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
ePub double spacing

I have an epub book that appears "double spaced" when reading via stanza. When I view the book via the calibre viewer, it does not appear double spaced.

What can I do?

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do you have styles turned off in stanza?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Turning styles off did the trick. Course, now even the styles portion I liked is off. I tried editing the book in Sigil, in my Calibre Library directory -- edited the styles in the ebook. But it didn't seem to "take". I'm a developer, so changing a stylesheet isn't something new to me.

.MsoNormal1 {
margin-bottom: 0pt;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
page-break-after: avoid;
text-align: left;
text-indent: 0.3in
}

I set the bottom and top margins to 0, and still I can't seem to remove that "double spacing" issue.

Turning off styles will work for now, but I'd like to just fix the styles.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look for styles that set things like line-height padding, margin, whitespace
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
seems you ePub is MS Word sourced.
could you post a piece of double spaced HTML code?
I suspect the problem is the tag <p>, which MS uses instead of <br>
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
<p> wouldn't do it unless there was one at the end of every line instead of just at the end of every paragraph. Rename the epub to .zip and extract one of the html files to see what style it is using.

At the beginning of each paragraph it will say something like <p class="calibre4"> . Then look in the .css file to see what it says for that class. Ones that affect line spacing are margin-top, margin-bottom, line-height and padding.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote