Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
hard2think
hard2think began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Mentor
Astak Mentor questions

Hello everyone,

I just got myself an Astak Mentor and this is my first eink reader. I just played around with it for a while and have a few questions. Hopefully someone here can be kind enough to help me

1. One important reason I purchased it is that the Mentor supports multiple languages. However can I add new fonts to the reader myself? The user manual did not mention this.

2. According to the manual, when you are reading a book, the status bar at the bottom will show the current page number AND the total page number in a box to the right side of the status bar. However in my case, only the current page number is showing in the page info box. Also according to the manual, the volume and horizontal/vertical orientation info. are supposed to be there next to the battery indicator, which in my case, they are missing I flipped through the user manual and did not find any settings to enable/disable these indicators.

Thank you for reading!
hard2think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
TRY THE FAQS section of the ezreader website. That will help sort some of your problems out:

http://www.theezreader.com/html/support.html

For reading I use the following in order: epub, pdf, fb2 and txt. all have theri pluses and minuses. fb2 is a nice surprise.. I read in Russian, Spanish, and French on my reader no worries.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome hard2think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2think View Post
Hello everyone,

I just got myself an Astak Mentor and this is my first eink reader. I just played around with it for a while and have a few questions. Hopefully someone here can be kind enough to help me

1. One important reason I purchased it is that the Mentor supports multiple languages. However can I add new fonts to the reader myself? The user manual did not mention this.

2. According to the manual, when you are reading a book, the status bar at the bottom will show the current page number AND the total page number in a box to the right side of the status bar. However in my case, only the current page number is showing in the page info box. Also according to the manual, the volume and horizontal/vertical orientation info. are supposed to be there next to the battery indicator, which in my case, they are missing I flipped through the user manual and did not find any settings to enable/disable these indicators.

Thank you for reading!
Dear hard2think:

I work for Astak. I try to let people know so they know in advance I occasionally may be biased.

The Mentor Lite is a fascinating 6 inch device with fabulous speed, 8 level grey scale. a user-replaceable rechargeable battery and so much more.

It is fairly new to us and therefore the FAQ sheet will help but is not totally updated yet for the Mentor Lite. It will be!

My understanding is that you can add fonts to the device, but only in TXT or Word documents. Others here may have found a lot more ways so I will let them answer you. We ARE checking with the factory to be sure.

I would like to invite you to take advantage of our tech support. You can email to: support@astak.com or call tollfree: 1-866-368-8788. They will be very pleased to go over what you should see on the screen and when you will see it.

I do want to welcome you. There are a growing number of Mentor Lite users on this Astak Dedicated Forum so I am sure they will be of help!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
hard2think
hard2think began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Mentor
Thank you all for replying. I'll try astak's tech support email sometime later.
hard2think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
rbx33
rbx33 began at the beginning.

Device: turmoils in
Hi friends,

I'm now deciding between the three astak devices, where both the mentor and the ez reader have advantage due to their 6 inch display. Mentor has better cpu and display in comparison with the ez reader, but on the other side the mentor wouldn't support bulgarian fonts. Following the discussions I understand that the russian fonts in mentor are supported (I'm mainly interested in fb2 and txt). Could someone who is owning the mentor please load one bulgarian fb2 book (for example this free bg book from chitanka.info - http://static.chitanka.info:84/mylib...i-3757.fb2.zip) to check in real if bulgarian fonts are supported.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
rbx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert