Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Ebooks at CES - pt 2

For the second post in this series I'm going to focus solely on Chinese companies. (There are times that it seems like half of all tech startups in the world are from China.)

Onyx
They'll be exhibiting the Boox 60. I've reviewed it elsewhere and it's a very good device.

Jinke
This is the company that makes the Hanlin V3 & V5 ereaders, which you might know as the Bebook, EZReader, Walkbook, or LBook. Until Amazon took the Kindle international this was the company with the most widely available products.

Daza
This is Chinese manufacturer of consumer electronics. They have a new liseuse on their website, but I'm still waiting to hear if it will be at CES.

Hivision
This is another Chinese manufacturer of consumer electronics, who also has
a 6" e-reader on their website. I'm still waiting to hear if it will be at CES.

Aigo
This company just came to my attention this morning. Unlike the 2 I just mentioned, Aigo is already shipping their PB6301 ereader. Once again, I'm still waiting to hear if it will be at CES.

Hanwang
If you live in Europe you might have seen on of this company's products. In the past 6 months they've picked up several distributors in GB, Germany, and the low countries. Their listing says that they'll have 4 e-readers on display.

Gajah

This is the manufacturer of the Oaxis ebook reader. I'm told they plan to have 2 models on display.

Shenzhen Leadfar
According to the website they have several education products that may or may not be ebook readers. I'm relying on Google to translate for me, and this is one that I'm not sure about. Still, it's worth a visit.

Brother Update
I heard back from Brother PR: At this time, only the sewing machine division is exhibiting at CES, darn it. But they did promise to try to forward my request.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Perhaps HiVision is the ODM behind the Oaxis? I've sent them an email as well. Good Find Nate!

btw two weeks since Oaxis said "next week" for samples...

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 12-21-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Hi-Vision is not connected to Oaxis they say and they will be at CES - Hilton hall, 55008
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Onyx Will Be at CES 2010

Hello,

My name is Mike Hu. I am the Sales Manager for the United States for Onyx International. I am very excited that Onyx will be at CES 2010. I myself will also be there. I look forward to creating a splash there and have CES mark the official beginning of Onyx's launch into the US. If anyone is going to be there as well, please look me up at the Onyx booth, 12042 Central.

--
Mike Hu
US Sales Manager
mikehu@onyx-international.com
CES Expo booth No: 12042
Twitter: OnyxBooxUSA
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote