Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Special "system command" buttons

My PRS-300 kept re-booting yesterday, so I had to call Sony support.

The tech gave me some special button commands to do a re-format of the reader:

I had to press the "0" button and the "down" arrow simultaneously.

This wiped my reader and allowed me to recover from the problem.

Does anyone else know any special key combinations that could be useful?
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What "0 button" are you referring to?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
bjornb
bjornb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I would like to know the proper way to force my PRS-600 to reset/reboot.
My PRS-600 froze twice during the weekend while reading. It did reboot after some time (several minutes in one of the cases) after trying combinations of using the reset button and power button.
bjornb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What "0 button" are you referring to?
Numbers from "0" to "9" on the right, as with Sony 505.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I'm getting confused here . The number buttons have gone on the PRS-600; are they still present on the 300?
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Yes, the PRS-300 has similar buttons to the 505.

I was reading a calibre-created version of "The Atlantic" magazine in LRF format, and something in the document sent my 300 into an auto-reboot loop.

Pressing the "0" and the Down arrow broke the cycle, and also wiped the device memory so I had to re-load all my documents.

I didn't re-load "The Atlantic" again on the 300 for obvious reasons, but I was able to read it fine on my 505.
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoPat View Post
Yes, the PRS-300 has similar buttons to the 505.
Thank you; that's what was confusing me!