Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
JFS-NMF
JFS-NMF began at the beginning.

Device: nook
LONDON REVIEW BLOG

I am looking to modify recipe for london review of books blog at http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/feeds.

class AdvancedUserRecipe1294629935(BasicNewsRecipe):
title = u'LRB BLOG'
oldest_article = 14
max_articles_per_feed = 96
feeds= [(u'LRB BLOG FEED', u'http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/feed')]

This results in the blog articles being visible in full on the Calibre reader; but on the Nook the entries are truncated after about 1 paragraph. The pages appear to be present on the Nook, but it is not possible to navigate to them (e.g., if the Nook indicates the blog contains 50 pages, one might be able to navigate only to pages 1, 8, 19, 30, and 42 on the Nook).

Any way to get entire articles visible on Nook?
JFS-NMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS-NMF View Post
Any way to get entire articles visible on Nook?
You need someone familiar with the Nook to solve this. Once you know what the problem is with the Nook failing to display an EPUB that shows up correctly in the Calibre EPUB reader, perhaps a recipe change can help, but you'll get more help in the device area or in a Nook forum. I have seen posts on Nook problems with EPUBs, so some searching in the main forum may help you.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
JFS-NMF

OK, I will try that; but all the other recipes (30 or so) I have tried have worked, so I suspected the problem was most likely my unfamiliarity with Python and recipes that caused the problem.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS-NMF View Post
OK, I will try that; but all the other recipes (30 or so) I have tried have worked, so I suspected the problem was most likely my unfamiliarity with Python and recipes that caused the problem.
The recipe is grabbing something (HTML) from the site that the Nook can't handle. Until we know what it is, it's hard to modify the recipe. You could try removing styles and formatting, but it would be hit or miss. I'd search for someone else who's had this type of problem with Nook, and then you can come back here to ask how to change the recipe once you know what's causing the trouble.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
Uncle Ned
Uncle Ned began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
This is something I would be interested in. I'll try tonight with my Kobo and see if I get the same results. I'd actually be quite interested in seeing if there was a way to use a recipe to get the current issue. As a subscriber I can access all the content on the web server and have been using instapaper to send articles to calibre. If I could do it automatically, that would be quite useful.
Uncle Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ned View Post
I'd actually be quite interested in seeing if there was a way to use a recipe to get the current issue. As a subscriber I can access all the content on the web server and have been using instapaper to send articles to calibre. If I could do it automatically, that would be quite useful.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't put together a recipe for this. If the content is accessible by web browser, and it's not all Flash based or PDF, a recipe should be possible.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
JFS-NMF

Please let me know if you have any luck. I am hopeful that it is something fairly straightforward.