Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
The "applesyncnotifier.exe entry point not found" error because it places required DLL's in the 32bit instead of 64bit directory.
I wonder why I'm not getting that error? I've installed multiple versions on multiple PCs. Never had an error. Is there something that's making the installer think that yours is a 32-bit system, perhaps?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
I have no errors installing iTunes on a WIn7 x64 system either.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
If you Google it you will see there are thousands of people getting this error. This page shows the fix. I have to do this every time it gets updated.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe you. Just wondering what the difference between your computers and mine is that's making it fail on yours but not on mine.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #20
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, fresh install on SSD drive 6 months ago AMD quad core 16gb ram Nvidia graphics card.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've got a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit PC with AMD quad core 6gb RAM. No problems with my install either, that is, no errors. Maybe your SSD drive is an issue as I've got a hard drive in mine. Or it could just be one of those Windows oddities that all to often occur. It looks like you are running a different version of Windows 7 64 bit than I am.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I seem to be in a minority of one with this upgrade. I loathe it, and find it horribly confusing. Admittedly, I only use my iPad to test ebooks I've designed, but I had no problem in side-loading them into iBooks through the previous iTunes. With the new iTunes I get lost very easily. If I could go back to the previous iTunes I'd do it in a flash.

Having got that off my chest, could anyone point me to a step by step (preferably in one syllable words) account of how to side load my ePubs into iBooks?

I also have Bluefire reader, but am a long way from attempting to load ebooks into that.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #23
Valkrider
Addict

Alex,

I am with you I don't like it either. I too wish I could revert to the old version

Sideloading into Bluefire is dead easy

Open iTunes
Select your device
Select Apps
Scroll down till you see the File Sharing apps (towards the bottom)
Click on Bluefire
Drag and drop books into the window on the right of your apps list.

As to iBooks sorry I can't help as I don't use it.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Alex,

I am with you I don't like it either. I too wish I could revert to the old version
I always keep my old version installers for that reason, although I haven't yet actually needed to downgrade.

Quote:
Sideloading into Bluefire is dead easy

Open iTunes
Select your device
Select Apps
Scroll down till you see the File Sharing apps (towards the bottom)
Click on Bluefire
Drag and drop books into the window on the right of your apps list.

As to iBooks sorry I can't help as I don't use it.
iBooks is even easier. In iTunes select your device. Go to the "On this iPhone" (or whatever it is) tab, and drag and drop your books from Windows Explorer onto the "Books" icon in the tree on the left-hand side of the screen.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #25
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
iBooks is even easier. In iTunes select your device. Go to the "On this iPhone" (or whatever it is) tab, and drag and drop your books from Windows Explorer onto the "Books" icon in the tree on the left-hand side of the screen.
But what about loading books in iTunes so that they are synced with all iDevices? Doesn't that work any longer? That scares me a bit, I was about to upgrade to the new iTunes this week-end.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't know. I don't use sync.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
But what about loading books in iTunes so that they are synced with all iDevices? Doesn't that work any longer? That scares me a bit, I was about to upgrade to the new iTunes this week-end.
I think iCloud is a much better way to sync devices.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #28
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I think iCloud is a much better way to sync devices.

Dale
Maybe it is. I'm not very clear on the consequences of syncing via iCloud, and anyway I still like to connect my iThingies at least once a week to iTunes, for backup purposes. But anyway, my question was: can you still add a book to iTunes from the computer? I'm pretty sure you can, but I'd like to be positive.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Maybe it is. I'm not very clear on the consequences of syncing via iCloud, and anyway I still like to connect my iThingies at least once a week to iTunes, for backup purposes. But anyway, my question was: can you still add a book to iTunes from the computer? I'm pretty sure you can, but I'd like to be positive.
Yes you can.

In iTunes I selected to show the sidebar for easier navigation: View --> Show Sidebar.

In the Sidebar click Books. This is for iBooks BTW.

Either drag and drop files into the Books panel or click CTRL + O to start the Add File to Library option or select it from the drop down Menu at top left of window.

You have now added a book to your iTunes library. These books can be synced to any number of your iThingies.

Connect your iThingie to the computer, if not already connected, and select the book to make sure it gets synced to your iThingie.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #30
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Thank you!