Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo TouchC
Does the Clara HD have a secret SD Card?

As you all probably know the Kobo Glo HD, although it didn't had a external SD card Slot it actualy had a sort of secret one inside it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7FuyPwc7Iw) so my question is: Have anyone had the chance to check if the Clara HD have the same kind of Scheme?

Thank you all that share answers.
Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Yes it does and it is no secret
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Yes it does and it is no secret
Could you point me on any sources on that? I would like to know which is the upper limit of the alternative SD Card that we could put in it.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
As you all probably know the Kobo Glo HD, although it didn't had a external SD card Slot it actualy had a sort of secret one inside it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7FuyPwc7Iw) so my question is: Have anyone had the chance to check if the Clara HD have the same kind of Scheme?

Thank you all that share answers.
A quick suggestion would be to search the threads in this forum. Pay special attention to the Next Kobo Model - Kobo Clara HD thread.

Click on Search this forum. Click on advanced search. Enter clara internal card as the keywords. Select the show results as posts radio button. Click on search. Please note that hd and sd are not usable search terms.

However to answer your question, the Clara HD does have an internal uSD card which can and has been replaced with a larger card.

I will admit to finding that referring to the internal uSD card in a Kobo ereader as being "sort of secret" is rather humourous.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #5
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
Could you point me on any sources on that? I would like to know which is the upper limit of the alternative SD Card that we could put in it.
I replaced mine with a 32gig. Not because I needed the extra space but I wanted to store the original SD card in a safe place.

64gig replacement being routinely done by users in this forum and I think it is the most cost effective size. The hardware is capable up to 128gig in theory.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #6
Ramo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A quick suggestion would be to search the threads in this forum. Pay special attention to the Next Kobo Model - Kobo Clara HD thread.

Click on Search this forum. Click on advanced search. Enter clara internal card as the keywords. Select the show results as posts radio button. Click on search. Please note that hd and sd are not usable search terms.

However to answer your question, the Clara HD does have an internal uSD card which can and has been replaced with a larger card.

I will admit to finding that referring to the internal uSD card in a Kobo ereader as being "sort of secret" is rather humourous.
Thank you! The "Secret" part was just usisng the term of the linked video.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
Ramo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I replaced mine with a 32gig. Not because I needed the extra space but I wanted to store the original SD card in a safe place.

64gig replacement being routinely done by users in this forum and I think it is the most cost effective size. The hardware is capable up to 128gig in theory.
Thank you! That was exactely what I was looking for.