Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
JVC Marshmallows! They like $15 and wonderful! I could sleep with them in. I use them on my Sansa Clip Zip.
Thanks, Blossom! I'm expecting a Sansa Clip Zip in the mail tomorrow. (I bought the orange one.) I'll check out those earbuds.

This was mentioned by copyrite earlier in this thread...I'd also like to know if the Kindle Keyboard software update disables TTS, so I'd appreciate a post here when someone can determine that. I can't imagine that it would, but you never know.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Thanks, Blossom! I'm expecting a Sansa Clip Zip in the mail tomorrow. (I bought the orange one.) I'll check out those earbuds.
That's the color I would have gotten. Mine is Blue but I love it. One thing those Android tablets can't do is play Overdrive WMA audiobooks but my Clip Zip can.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
better links are always good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
REAL audiophile quality? Hardly. Their i80's will get you closer to "real" audiophile quality, but they are still consumer earphones.

Sennheiser i80

If you like Sennheiser, their new i800's will be out this month.
My link was for the ones for about £100? Are you agreeing with me? My point was £100 wouldn't get you top gear... ( which would make the in-ears more than the reader.)

My best buy of last year (I don't appear to find them in all this mess sadly) was some in-ear phones. they were no Sennheiser MOMENTUM's but yeah you can get it if you don't mind spending.

Thanks for making my point with a much better link : D

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I just purchased the Kindle HD 7 and the Amazon page says: "Big sound. Compact design. Kindle Fire HD features dual-driver stereo speakers on both sides of the display for a wide sound-field similar to that of a home stereo. And with this much power, we can push our speakers hard. The result - deeper bass in your music, loud, rumbling movie soundtracks, and room-filling stereo sound without distortion, even at higher volumes."

Earphones are OBSOLETE with this new model. Here is more on the new sound: "Kindle Fire HD uses the power of Dolby Digital Plus to create a world class audio experience, with or without headphones. Dolby Digital Plus includes technology used to adjust volume, create virtual surround sound, and deliver easier-to-understand dialogue in movies and TV shows."

All the separate amplifiers for the Kindle 3 and the old Fire are also OBSOLETE.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sirmaru Are you saying that you can turn it up so loud that it will make the loss of sound in the paperWhite obslete! awwesomeeeee.

Take what that says with a pinch of salt myself *looks up at delicious monitors*
that reads like the type of nonsense that a sales guy would spiel at a shop.

I'd want to hear this room shaking bass before I believed it. That said maybe Amazon *did* work closely with dolby to change the laws of physics... I hear he was looking for work since he quit his day job as a house elf.

Let me know if it is awesome! I may get one after all.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #21
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy View Post
My conversation about this same subject:
If wonder if 3.4 might add KF8 support also...
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
Fraludio
Fraludio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I just asked in a amazon chat and they told me they don't know anything about a 3.4 firmware update.

Fraludio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraludio View Post
I just asked in a amazon chat and they told me they don't know anything about a 3.4 firmware update.

I also see no action, nor any movement on the website, who knows. not me obviously.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
According to another post in this thread, they are having technical issues. Probably bricked their test devices with the build they tried to compile. So better them than us!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
twobob

Ah well. we have some nice de-bricking guides they can follow.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It contains, at the least, a fix for the rebooting due to large archive issue. Also, "large" archives will load most recent first (instead of oldest first) and cut off around 5K items (so it won't brick the touches or cause reboot cycles).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #27
Fraludio

Any news?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #28
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It contains, at the least, a fix for the rebooting due to large archive issue. Also, "large" archives will load most recent first (instead of oldest first) and cut off around 5K items (so it won't brick the touches or cause reboot cycles).
wonderful news!
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #29
Fraludio

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Source?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #30
poboxy
poboxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard WiFi
Was all this a hoax?
poboxy is offline   Reply With Quote