Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2017, 10:51 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question how to mark book as Favorite

Is there a way to mark a book already in my Calibre library as a favorite?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You could tag books with 'Favourite' and create a VL for tlem. I have an Admin Tag column for this sort of thing, avoids polluting content related Tags with extraneous markings

Or you could create a Reading List (plugin) for Favourites. This is what I would opt for, because it 'feels better'. A reading list is by definition an arbitrary set, whereas tagging implies some sort of classification.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Or create a yes/no column or a rating field (via Preferences->Add your own columns)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Thanks very much for the replies. I have the Reading List icon, but when I click on the Favorites list, within the Reading List add-on, nothing happens, no window or list.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #5
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter

since I have you on the line

Calibre isn't seeing my plugged-in Kindle, that is attached via USB to my Macbook.
Advert
Old 12-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:58 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
Thanks very much for the replies. I have the Reading List icon, but when I click on the Favorites list, within the Reading List add-on, nothing happens, no window or list.
Favourites is an optional plugin, which allows you to create a menu of your favourite calibre tools so that they're all in one place, it has nothing to do with books as such.

See the plugin descriptions - Favourites Menu and Reading List

The simplest way is to take up Kovid's suggestion. Create a Yes/No custom column - favourite/Favourite. To set it, press F2 in the book list cell, press 'y', then Enter. To get a list of them, search for #favourite:"checked", you could create a VL or a Saved Search with that search term.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote