Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
dblack
dblack has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: ebookwise 1150; Aluratek Libre Ebook Pro; nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post

It is compiled for 64 bit processors not 32 and I just realized that I didn't mention that when I posted it. So that also could be the problem. I'll edit the top post in this thread to reflect that as well as the wiki entry. I

f you are running 32 bit ubuntu then you will need to recompile from the source file as per the wiki entry.
Ahh, that may explain it. I'm using 32 bit ubuntu on the computer I tried this on. Yesterday, I tried it on a computer using 64 bit Mint, and it worked OK. I will try to recompile it on the 32 bit machine (although I was having problems compiling, which is why I tried the binary in the first place). Thanks for your help!
dblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #17
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblack View Post
Ahh, that may explain it. I'm using 32 bit ubuntu on the computer I tried this on. Yesterday, I tried it on a computer using 64 bit Mint, and it worked OK. I will try to recompile it on the 32 bit machine (although I was having problems compiling, which is why I tried the binary in the first place). Thanks for your help!
Sorry about the confusion. I don't post much here at mobile read any longer but when I upgraded to ubuntu 9.10 I had to tweak the source file for eb1150 just a little to get it to compile. Since it was different I figured that I would give the thread a quick update. Guess it was a little too quick

If you still have problems with it, post any questions and I will try to help you get it compiled and working.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #18
ivon
ivon began at the beginning.

Device: i have just ordered an Ebookwise 1150 on ebay and awaiting delivery
I just got delivery of my Ebookwise 1150 and have following queries to the experts:

I charged it for full two hours and again for some 30 mts more but i see the battery level as 10 hrs and 50 odd minutes with full charge display. Is this the normal duration battery would last (in some forums i read up to 15 hours charge)- in front of your given adaptor, i have used a 220 to 120 V convertor i had for a US made radio i use- hope this is ok.
I live in New Delhi and have analog home phone line on which a broadband modem is also connected through which i use my computer. when i connect the phone line to the reader, it starts dialing 1 858 678 8695 but is unsuccessful, what else i am supposed to prefix? is this a US number, in which case do i have to be able to dial international?
when i connect with USB wire and start to register the reader, it asks me DEVICE ID and am unable to locate it from the directions it gives me on the window display. on the reader, i only see "device no registered yet"
how to switch off the backlight when reading in day light? but that is at moment not important query, above are more important as i must register the device first.

not sure if this is the right forum/thread as i was unable to find a thread for starting help on this reader.
ivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #19
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivon View Post
I just got delivery of my Ebookwise 1150 and have following queries to the experts:

I charged it for full two hours and again for some 30 mts more but i see the battery level as 10 hrs and 50 odd minutes with full charge display. Is this the normal duration battery would last (in some forums i read up to 15 hours charge)- in front of your given adaptor, i have used a 220 to 120 V convertor i had for a US made radio i use- hope this is ok.
I think that's fine. I usually get only 10-11 hrs on a FULL charge myself using the 120 V provided adapter. The way you can lengthen that is by turning down the "brightness" of the background, however, if it's too dark then it may be harder to reader. The brightness/contract is "hidden" under the 'Rotated Book' icon at the top-right corner, just outside the LCD lit display.

Quote:
I live in New Delhi and have analog home phone line on which a broadband modem is also connected through which i use my computer. when i connect the phone line to the reader, it starts dialing 1 858 678 8695 but is unsuccessful, what else i am supposed to prefix? is this a US number, in which case do i have to be able to dial international?
Yes, the phone number the eBookwise unit calls using the telephone line option is a US (long-distance) number. It would be best to connect your unit to your computer (which has broadband internet access) using the USB cable, but only after you have installed the software USB driver from ETI available here. It's best that you read the New User (also called Newbie) post here which summarizes a lot of frequently asked questions and general tips.

Quote:
when i connect with USB wire and start to register the reader, it asks me DEVICE ID and am unable to locate it from the directions it gives me on the window display. on the reader, i only see "device no registered yet"
You should read this post to find out how you can get your DEVICE ID by directly using your ebookwise connected to the internet and the ETI Servers. Try also reading their Quick Start Guide pdf which describes this process on page 6. In essence:
When you first connect the device to the server (by tapping "Bookstore" or "Online Bookshelf"), you should be prompted to go through registration. You should get an initial registration page offering you an option to create a new bookshelf or connect to an existing bookshelf. You should use the top option "create a new bookshelf" and proceed through registration.
Quote:
how to switch off the backlight when reading in day light? but that is at moment not important query, above are more important as i must register the device first.
Just read the above on how to lower your brightness and/or to completely switch it off. However, I have found it is very difficult to read that way, even in direct sunlight. You may be able to adapt to it, so give it a try, but don't accept the brightness off if the contrast setting makes the text 'invisible'. Consider this a friendly warning...

not sure if this is the right forum/thread as i was unable to find a thread for starting help on this reader.[/QUOTE]

The sticky post in this forum entitled "Attention: All eBookwise newbies!" is where the info you seek most resides.

Have fun exploring and reading!

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-17-2010 at 12:30 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #20
bobdole
bobdole began at the beginning.

Device: ETI-1150
Smile I got it compiled on a Intel Mac :)

Ok, the main thing I figure would need explaining, is installing libusb; for that, I needed to install OSX Command Line tools. after that, using information from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...sb-on-mac-os-x to setup and install “Homebrew” for Mac OSX, I managed to get LibUSB installed. From then on it was following your instructions for the most part.

My Macbook’s info:

MacBook Pro (Early 2013 Model) w/ Retina Display
Yosemite 10.10.2
I know this thread is old [super old], but it still contains info that pertained to my situation, and I felt the neeed to (hopefully) help the perhaps 1 or 2 other 1150 users, that happen to also have macs haha.

~BobDole~

EDIT1: ok, got my first thing transferred across, lol... only took another 45 minutes or so of screwing around.
First off, I disabled asking for password on sudo; this is extremely dangerous, if you are technically suicical lol, then research it, as it's simple enough, but like I said, very dangerous.
Now, that being said... the bigger issue:
It kept saying "connection refused", I couldn't figure what was wrong; then it hit me... I did NOT "cd /Users/bobdole/Desktop/linreb-0.2/" THEN run linreb, I simply attempted to run

Code:
/Users/bobdole/Desktop/linreb-0.2/linreb
willy nilly (I'm by no means a *nix genius lol, I haven't the slightest idea what to call it), rather then changing to the linreb directory, THEN running linreb.
Doing that and THEN running

Code:
./linreb
fixed everything.

watch, seeing as how I simply downloaded the sample ebook to my 1150, and didn't open it, something crazy'll happen in the meantime haha... let me check...

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Nope, worked great and again, hope this'll either help someone, or ... someone'll point out something I neglected to mention lol, and I can help them.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-23-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Made Progress
bobdole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote