Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
USB interface to Reader

I notice that the installed Sony Connect software has a bunch of separate DLLs, including one for the USB interface to the device. This suggests it may not be too difficult, so someone outside the USA (i.e. not me, due to DMCA) who is handy with IDA Pro, to reverse engineer the API this DLL exposes and thus to build alternatives to the Sony Connect software.

I'm not trying to suggest circumvention of the Octopus DRM that the Reader uses for the Connect Store, just thinking of ways that we could write programs such as my RSS2PDF converter that would automatically sync up new RSS content when the reader is connected.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't have the Reader. But is there a way I can download the CONNECT software from somewhere? I'd be interested to take a peek
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert