Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 03:33 AM   #31
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Last Brownie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uui3jdrph5Q

Last edited by Divingduck; 01-02-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #32
Brad_Reed
Brad_Reed began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite; astak easy reader; iRex
I had fallen a few versions behind, as my linux distro didn't have recent enough Qt5 or python3 to build sigil. I am happy to say I built 0.9.9 with no issues and all seems well. (Slackware-current with QT5 added)
Brad_Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 AM   #33
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
So, finally got around to dealing with this new Sigil version, as I am now the official (co-)maintainer of the Arch Linux package.

And I see it has PGP signatures for the source code tarballs, as you promised when I requested it.

Quick question though, DiapDealer -- do you publish your key anywhere other than in that signature file? It would be nice if, for example, you could cross-post the fingerprint to the official Sigil blog, and to your release announcement here (making three independently operated sites that would have to be hacked in order to pull off a forgery). An integral part of having the signature so that it can be verified tamper-free, is being able to check that any hypothetical attacker did not just upload their own faked key at the same time as the source code itself.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Quick question though, DiapDealer -- do you publish your key anywhere other than in that signature file? It would be nice if, for example, you could cross-post the fingerprint to the official Sigil blog, and to your release announcement here (making three independently operated sites that would have to be hacked in order to pull off a forgery). An integral part of having the signature so that it can be verified tamper-free, is being able to check that any hypothetical attacker did not just upload their own faked key at the same time as the source code itself.
My key should be available from any of the main public key-servers. The ID for my key is provided as part of the "Verified" tag on Github (clicking the Verified link will show the ID). I can post it in an additional place if you like. But three places seems like overkill to me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #35
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd prefer at least one place other than Github, that can be identified as belonging to you.

As for keyservers, those don't count as anyone can upload a fake key to a keyserver, so it doesn't provide independent verification.
(A theoretical attacker who gained control of your github account and tagged a fake release using a fake key, would have no problem also uploading the fake key to the keyserver. But there's a pretty good chance he didn't also gain the ability to publish to the official Sigil blog.)

For example, the blog states the following information regarding the OSX releases:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigil-ebook.com
There will be a lot of output but you should look for the following: Authority=Developer ID Application: Kevin Hendricks (2SMCVQU3CJ)

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-08-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Advert
Old 01-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I added the fingerprint for my PGP key (found on public key-servers) to the Source section of the "Get" page on the Sigil Blog, and to the first post of this Release thread.

That should allow anyone to independently verify my public key and thus the detached signatures for source archives/git tag.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #37
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Thanks.

I've uploaded the latest Sigil release to the Arch repositories, with new optional dependencies, byte-compiled the plugin runner code, and using the system hunspell dictionaries.

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/c...e3925cab0fe247
Old 01-25-2018, 06:06 AM   #38
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Two new Quick Launch Icons for plugins were added to the main menu. There are now a total of five available.
Cool... but even three identical icons was a bit cryptic. I know I can just mouse over them to see the name, but would prefer if I could choose an icon (plugins could include them in their package) and/or have text labels.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Cool... but even three identical icons was a bit cryptic. I know I can just mouse over them to see the name, but would prefer if I could choose an icon (plugins could include them in their package) and/or have text labels.
Custom quicklaunch icons coming in the next version.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=287
Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #40
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Attention Mac OS X Users
... To get the latest bug fixes, Sigil-0.9.9's embedded Python has been linked with the very latest version: Tcl 8.6.4.1 ...

See: http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/downloads
Version: 8.6.4.1
ActiveState is currently showing 8.6.6.8606 and 8.6.7.0 on their download page. Do you know if these will play nice with Sigil (and also Alf non-Calibre standalone app, if this can be asked and answered here).

I may be installing on a new Mac, so if Sigil (and Alf) need 8.6.4.1 specifically, I'll have to dig up the installer package from somewhere as it doesn't seem to be on ActiveState's current download page.

Thank you!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #41
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Any ActiveState 8.6.x version should work just fine with Sigil on Mac, just do not use 8.5.X as they have way too many bugs.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #42
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great! Muchas gracias, kind sir!
Old 02-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #43
Maui
Connoisseur
Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2
I installed the one available on the download page without any problems.
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #44
odamizu
just an egg

Thanks for reporting this, Maui!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #45
vichuvideo
vichuvideo began at the beginning.

Device: smart mobile phone
0.9.9 crashing.
Crash happened ocasionally with 0.7.2 when editing epub with video.
But with 0.9.9 crash occur more frequently (also when editing epub with video).
Crash occur sometime after inserting of video, sometime when change from code view to book view, sometime after inserting an image in other chapter or section different of the one that contain the video.
Someone know why?
vichuvideo is offline   Reply With Quote