Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #16
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I mentioned in another thread that I am hoping they make this cover for the Voyage:

I have this cover in orange on my Nexus 7 (paid $14.99, looks like it's up to $16.99 now), and I really like it (except for the white plastic shell, but oh, well). Nice fit. Wakes the unit up and puts it to sleep. I'd happily get one for the Voyage if they make one.

I'm going to wait until I find a cover that I really like. I have a number of sleeves lying around that I can use until I find a nice cover.

I am going to wait also, shortly there will be a dozen to choose from.
Your Nexus cover would be a great choice for me.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #17
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I ordered the origami case. I am not sure how I feel about the way it opens. Then again, back in the day, I was sure I would hate reading on eink....

So I guess I'll know soon. I got that dark purple (royal, I think they call it).
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2014, 03:34 AM   #18
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I'm sticking with the Touch/Paperwhite sleeve. The Voyage is slightly smaller, so it should fit.

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've just ordered the Forefront case. I'll post pictures when it arrives.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #20
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
I like the combo of a silicone skin case, coupled with a zippered sleeve for transporting it, such as this one: http://smile.amazon.com/Kindle-Voyag...age+case+cover
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #21
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
That looks like a nice one! We don't have it in the Amazon US store, unfortunately. I look forward to seeing pics.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #22
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Just ordered one too. Thanks for the heads up. I had pre ordered the origami case but wasn't sure about it. Much prefer the look of this one.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #23
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I wonder if the Forefront case will have a cut-out for the on-off button? I'm not seeing it on the back of the cover.

JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #24
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Oooh, the Forefront looks lovely. Maybe using the button is not really necessary with the auto sleep/wake. On my PWs, I ended up never using the off/on button at all.

I won't be buying the origami case, because I don't find it appealing at all...

Here's an this article about three case alternatives.

ETA, Poetic also will have this one!

Last edited by xendula; 09-28-2014 at 09:16 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #25
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Oooh, the Forefront looks lovely. Maybe using the button is not really necessary with the auto sleep/wake. On my PWs, I ended up never using the off/on button at all.

I won't be buying the origami case, because I don't find it appealing at all...

Here's an this article about three case alternatives.

ETA, Poetic also will have this one!
Yes! I saw and mentioned the Poetic in another thread, should have mentioned it here! haha. Same case I have for my Nexus 7 and iPad. I'm considering this one, but I'm wondering about the sides.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #26
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ Hard to tell what it would look like opened. The one you posted in your thread opening actually covers the sides, I think. If you look at the brown case and then zoom in, you can see it.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #27
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
^ Hard to tell what it would look like opened. The one you posted in your thread opening actually covers the sides, I think. If you look at the brown case and then zoom in, you can see it.
Yes, that is what concerns me. Hmm. Maybe it wouldn't present an issue, I'm not sure. It seems nicer having the voyage raised though like the official case.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #28
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hadn't noticed the lack of a hole for the on off button. I do use the on off button even with a sleep case so I'll probably stick with the Belkin case if none of the others has a hole for the on off button.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I wonder if the Forefront case will have a cut-out for the on-off button? I'm not seeing it on the back of the cover.

Surely that's a power button at the upper left of the right-hand image, isn't it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #30
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely that's a power button at the upper left of the right-hand image, isn't it?
The Forefront case is on the left, with no button hole. The one on the right is the Amazon cover back I think.

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-29-2014 at 10:26 AM.