Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #121
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
If you want a persistent clock there’s a mod that will give you that function. It’ll even let you choose the position, size, font, and format.
When I'm reading usually lose track of time so the persistent clock is a must for me but I can't seem to make it work.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #122
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You do the clock through a mod, not a patch. See my reply above to clear up your other question.
Ah, thanks for that, my mind just read them as one and the same, which of course they're not. I've been using the mod, which I will happily keep using (and never confuse it with a patch again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
A clock while reading makes no sense, esp on eink. Makes more sense it only comes up when you interrupt reading for something.
I often kill time waiting to head to appointments and will read outside nearby instead of in a stuffy office. I need to constantly watch the time in that case. The displayed time only changes when you flip a page, which is absolutely good enough for my use (and I would think for others, who sits on one page for more than a minute or so?). I was spoiled from my first Sony 350 reader, it had that feature and was one of the biggest things I missed on the Kobo readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
Except when you loose the conscience of the time when reading (that it is my case many times) .

Just seriously, I use it a lot in my Onyx Boox when I read at night, without any press in the screen (it shows continuously, refreshing after a page turn).
That's me, too... if my eyes don't cross over the displayed time, it can be 20 minutes later that I might remember to check it again. It's all how engrossed you are within the book at the time. Plus it's just annoying to have to keep interrupting your reading to bring up the menu to check the time every page or so.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2019, 03:11 AM   #123
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I often kill time waiting to head to appointments and will read outside nearby instead of in a stuffy office. I need to constantly watch the time in that case.
Sounds very stressful. What about a timer at the smartphone? No need to check the time in between. Stressless reading and enjoying the book. It seems to me that some people construct problems where there aren't any.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:39 AM   #124
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
Sounds very stressful. What about a timer at the smartphone? No need to check the time in between. Stressless reading and enjoying the book. It seems to me that some people construct problems where there aren't any.
It is not a matter of creating a problem where there isn´t any, but to use a functionality that is very useful. Due to that, I read more with my Onyx Boox at night than with the kobo (I can end too late reading). But I loose on the other hand the nice "yellow" light.

As many others, I wan to have it all in one ereader. To dream is free .
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:16 AM   #125
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
It is not a matter of creating a problem where there isn´t any, but to use a functionality that is very useful. Due to that, I read more with my Onyx Boox at night than with the kobo (I can end too late reading). But I loose on the other hand the nice "yellow" light.

As many others, I wan to have it all in one ereader. To dream is free .
I have the mod for the clock in my ereader and it works pretty well, really (and it doesn't drain the battery).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2019, 07:17 AM   #126
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
I've just gone and looked at the tweaks/hacks/mods list, and I'm not seeing the clock mod. Would someone link to it? Thanks. Sorry for the trouble.
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:58 AM   #127
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have the mod for the clock in my ereader and it works pretty well, really (and it doesn't drain the battery).
I'll give it a try.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:58 AM   #128
Knightreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
I've just gone and looked at the tweaks/hacks/mods list, and I'm not seeing the clock mod. Would someone link to it? Thanks. Sorry for the trouble.
There it is: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...23&postcount=6
Old 09-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #129
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Smile

Quote:
Thank you!
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #130
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
There's no way I'd bother digging my phone out of my purse to set that every time, nor would I want the alarm going off (it tends to more than startle me when I'm deep in thought like when engrossed in a book). And setting it to vibrate only would just take more time. Bury it back in my purse, zip it up securely, then repeat it all again when the alarm goes off, remember to undo vibrate. I typically don't have any safe pockets to keep my phone and I don't live in a crime-free area where I could set it down next to me to read. It wouldn't be there the next time I looked up. That would be a huge hassle to bother with for reading as often as I do it.

Instead all I have to do is open my Kobo and read. The clock is not obtrusive at all, just tucked away in the bottom right corner (my choice for location, you can change where it sits) where your eyes naturally catch it when finished with a page. Perfect and simple solution.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-27-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #131
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
How does one view "chapter progress" or book stats, showing time left in chapter and book? I can't find it. Used to be you tap at the bottom and the icon would be there. Help!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #132
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very annoying issue - H20 Gen 1. Opening the case to wake (or pushing the button) while a book is open, the device wakes up instantly. (Usually!) But if the device is on the Home screen, it takes longer. So long, in fact, that I press the button again, resulting in it going back to sleep instantly. Has anyone else noticed that it takes longer for the device to wake up while on the home screen? (9 seconds vs. instantly)

(In Addition, my official sleep cover doesn't seem to be doing the job any more, and yes, the setting is checked. At least, it doesn't put it to sleep right away, takes up to a minute?) *over 2 minutes, I counted. Sleep timer is set at 10 minutes*

Last edited by booklover6; 09-28-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #133
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Very annoying issue - H20 Gen 1. Opening the case to wake (or pushing the button) while a book is open, the device wakes up instantly. (Usually!) But if the device is on the Home screen, it takes longer. So long, in fact, that I press the button again, resulting in it going back to sleep instantly. Has anyone else noticed that it takes longer for the device to wake up while on the home screen? (9 seconds vs. instantly)

(In Addition, my official sleep cover doesn't seem to be doing the job any more, and yes, the setting is checked. At least, it doesn't put it to sleep right away, takes up to a minute?) *over 2 minutes, I counted. Sleep timer is set at 10 minutes*
With my Glo HD it's taking maybe 1 second as opposed to instantly, definitely not that long. I'm using the official sleepcover. No problems getting it into standby either. Same for my 1st gen Aura H2O.
I don't have a sleepcover for the Libra but with the button there doesn't seem to be any difference between home and book screen.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #134
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
How does one view "chapter progress" or book stats, showing time left in chapter and book? I can't find it. Used to be you tap at the bottom and the icon would be there. Help!
It is on the menu opened with the three dots.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #135
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is on the menu opened with the three dots.
Thanks, I couldn't find it!