Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2023, 11:37 AM   #16
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I was talking to Sirtel about DeACSM
My bad. I didn't realize there was another plugin for Adobe DRM removal.

I guess it's only for Linux, since ASCM input plus NoDRM work great on anything that can install ADE.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:52 AM   #17
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post

I guess it's only for Linux, since ASCM input plus NoDRM work great on anything that can install ADE.
It's not for DRM removal. It's for importing ACSM files so that DeDRM can work on them.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2023, 03:15 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post

The DeACSM plugin was renamed to the ACSM plugin. I find it handy not to have to open the .acsm file with ADE and then import the file to calibre. For me, the plugin has worked on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 04:52 PM   #19
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
We got a DRM-protected ePub 3 file where the DRM failed to strip when loading into Calibre using the ASCM/DeASCM plug-in method.

I have a feeling I've had this happen before and had to import into ADE and pull the ePub file from the ADE manifest. It was from the same publisher, come to think of it.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 02:44 PM   #20
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Sigh. It turned out he hadn't added the other DRM plug-in to Calibre like I'd told him to. Once that was installed, it worked fine.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2023, 05:30 PM   #21
cosmicvoid
cosmicvoid began at the beginning.

Device: none
_____

Last edited by cosmicvoid; 12-22-2023 at 09:13 PM.
cosmicvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:29 PM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicvoid View Post
Sorry if this has already been answered, but an epub with Adobe DRM purchased from ebooks.com, and I able to view it in my preferred ereading app? Specifically, koreader.

I'm not exactly sure how the DRM works, hence my hesitancy.
Yes, if you remove the DRM. Which isn't difficult.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:55 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It is trivial to remove Adobe DRM for ePub. You need the DeDRM plugin. Download and then install 10.0.9 in calibre.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 08:36 PM   #24
cosmicvoid
cosmicvoid began at the beginning.

_____

Last edited by cosmicvoid; 12-22-2023 at 09:13 PM.
cosmicvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 08:39 PM   #25
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicvoid View Post
Thanks all for the replies.

Before I sink $13, am I correct in understanding that I need create an Adobe account to even view the epub after purchase?
You'll want to get an account.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-24-2023 at 08:46 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:19 AM   #26
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

↑ ↑ Then you can read your epub in digital editions and remove the DRM if you want to, to be able to read in in KOreader. Ask DRM questions at GitHub as we aren’t allowed to give specific help here.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, converting, drm, ebooks.com