Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
How to migrate books from Sony PRS-300 to Onyx Boox POke 3?

I am trying to migrate my eBooks from an old Sony Pocket Edition to a new Onyx Boox Poke 3. I am running Calibre 5.14 under Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2. I have installed the Apprentice DeDRM v7.2.1 plugin in Calibre and have tried loading the library directly from the PRS-300 as well as from a backup of my previous Calibre library. In both cases, the books with DRM are unreadable in Calibre and on the Poke 3, although I can still read them on the PRS-300.
The DeDRM instructions say to use "File - Import" in Calibre, but I did not find any "Import" command in the Calibre UI, so I used the "Add to library" command instead. The DeDRM instructions also call for "the original downloaded ebook files", but I don't think I have any such thing. My PC is running a "bare metal" Windows 10 installation, and the only files I could find were a backup I made of my previous Calibre library directory before (re-)installing Windows.
The books were originally purchased on various bookstore sites, including but not limited to Amazon. It would be quite difficult for me to reconstruct which books came from which vendors. Since I can still read the books on the Sony, I was hoping that importing them directly from the reader would provide whatever key is needed to unencrypt them.
I haven't used it in several years, but my Adobe login still works. However, I don't find any information about licensed books in my Adobe profile.
Is there any hope of migrating the DRM-protected books?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You really need to ask most of these questions where you got the tools.

BUT
If your new opus will handle ADE (RMSDK) , all you need to do is register it to the same account as the Sony.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2021, 01:06 PM   #3
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Indeed, I did ask for (and receive) help at the GitHub DeDRM site. As recommended there, I found it easier to use ADE on my PC than to sideload RMSDK onto my Onyx Boox. Once I had authorized ADE with the correct account and removed the DRMed books from both the Boox eReader and Calibre's library on my PC, Calibre was able to unencrypt them when I reloaded them into the library and then transmit them to the eReader in unencrypted form.
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, drm, migration, sony 300