Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
kaveheng
kaveheng began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD
removing DRM from Farsi ePub books

Hi all!

I have a big issue with DRMs on epubs in Farsi (Persian) language.
The thing is E-book in Farsi is only available via several mobile apps, that you buy the book but you're being restricted to read the book only in their apps.
However I want to read the books I buy in my e-reader (Kobo Clara HD), but the epub files are DRM protected.
I tried to remove the DRM with Calibre, but when I transfer the book to my Kobo, the table of content is shown properly but all other pages are blank empty.
Is there any other way to remove the DRM from epubs?
Here is the link to book I bought (.epub) in case anyone could help.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-14-2020 at 09:16 AM.
kaveheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Three things:

1) Calibre doesn't remove drm. A third-party plugin does.

2) detailed discussions about how to remove drm is forbidden on MobileRead. You'll need to ask your questions where you acquired the drm removal tools.

3) do not post download links to copyrighted books on MobileRead if you do not have rights to do so.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-14-2020 at 09:18 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
4) Welcome to MobileRead, new user.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
5) please read the guidelines before posting
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveheng View Post
Hi all!

I have a big issue with DRMs on epubs in Farsi (Persian) language.
The thing is E-book in Farsi is only available via several mobile apps, that you buy the book but you're being restricted to read the book only in their apps.
1- Are you sure the ebook is downloadable? A lot of app-lock or browser-locked books aren't downloaded to thefile system, but instead say in an object store.

2- If you can find the ebook file in the file system, are you sure it's epub?

3- If it really is a downloadable epub, does it use ADOBE DRM or something exclusive to the vendor? Apple is one major vendor that prefers to use their own encryption DRM instead of paying for Adobe.

Not all ebooks can be transported out of their reading apps and if they can't be accessed out of the app there is nothing else to be done. Or at least not easily.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
drm, epub, farsi, persian