Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-26-2021, 05:18 PM   #1
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Knock - Get ascm books in Linux Without Adobe

Anybody heard of Knock? Given an ascm file, it will download the epub and remove drm from the CL on Linux. I tried two books, and it seems to work as advertised.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:36 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
There is a new calibre plugin that performs the same function: ACSM import support for Calibre
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
There is a new calibre plugin that performs the same function: ACSM import support for Calibre
Excellent. Thanks. How does one keep up with all the new things?

Interesting, looking at the github pages, I find the Knock tool also uses Grégory Soutadé's library. Small world.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 05:34 PM   #4
robert
robert began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, knock works on newly downloaded books; thanks a lot!

However, what can I do with already activated books?

I'm running Ubuntu and a Kobo Libra 2; Yes, I bought the books and want to read them as I did on my PocketBook (which unfortunately broke..).
robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You could try importing them into calibre with the stable 10.0.3 version of the DeDRM plugin installed or you could install the latest version which seems to be stable from all reports I've seen from 10.0.9 (beta for 10.1.0)

Please note that DeDRM only works on import so if you already have the DRMmed files in calibre, you may want to drag/drop the file onto the Details pane to re-import them.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:38 PM   #6
Metapath
Metapath began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Wow! Thanks for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I've worked on and off for years trying to get Adobe Digital Editions to work on Linux (under Wine) unsuccessfully. My 74 year old brain just could not grok it.

DeACSM works great! I can finally scrap my old Windows PC that was only used to run ADE to download library books. Thank you so much!
Metapath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ascm, download ebooks, drm, linux