Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2021, 02:56 AM   #1
Gougnek
Gougnek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Unhappy Reader loosing capacity to read Ebooks with Adobe DRM

Hi,
I am lost between Kobo support, Adobe (non-)support... so maybe somebody experienced the same issue here and can help me. I have a Kobo Aura H2O for several years. I am mainly reading books from an on-line library. These books are protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management. The system of getting the book and transferring on the reader worked well for years (I have an Adobe account, I authorized the device, and I could read the books).

Last week, I had the bad idea to update my Kobo to version 4.26.16704. Since then, despite a well configured Adobe account (same ID than on my Mac), I systematically get an error saying that the "book is protected by DRM.... having unauthorized previously your reader, you have to reimport it using Adobe Digital Editions".

But this doesn't work. I always get this messages despite the following actions:
  • Removed all the books from the reader
  • Re-download them
  • Remove the rights for the Reader and for the Mac
  • Set the rights again
  • Performed a reinitialization of the reader
  • Reconfigured all accounts
  • Re-authorize the reader
  • Borrowed new books and put them on the reader

The problem cannot be solved ! The e-books I borrow can be read on my Mac, but not on the reader, despite exactly the same Adobe DRM configuration. As the only operation I did is a reader update, the Mac configuration is not the problem, the problem is in the reader. It is like if the "Reader Mobile" integrated is broken. Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks for any help.
Gougnek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe, drm, kobo aura h2o