Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Gizmodo: Microsoft Cancels Courier

http://gizmodo.com/5527442/microsoft...tablet-project

Quote:
At any given time, we're looking at new ideas, investigating, testing, incubating them. It's in our DNA to develop new form factors and natural user interfaces to foster productivity and creativity. The Courier project is an example of this type of effort. It will be evaluated for use in future offerings, but we have no plans to build such a device at this time.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
A bit disappointing, but I wasn't that intrigued.

The two screen design and the smallish screens turned me off. I really want something with an 11-12 inch 4:3 ratio or close screen to be awesome for reading and marking up PDFs of A4 sized research articles etc.

Maybe the cancellation of the Courier means they'll change to making something more along those lines--a more business/productivity focused iPad.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
I second that emotion.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Well, I've got mixed feelings on this. Being a huge FOSS advocate, I'm ecstatic to see Microsoft fail at something like this. But from a user's perspective, I'm a bit torn. I really like the split screen tablet idea. I can actually think of some good uses for it. And I'd be right in line to buy one if someone offered a unit similar to the Courier. However, I *WILL NOT* buy it from Microsoft. I refuse to support a convicted monopolist who treats their customers like thieves, bandits, cash cows, and composted dirt. It's the same reason I refuse to support anything Apple does too.

Now if someone like Astak made one of these, I'd be all over it faster than a Texas tornado.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I kinda was wanting MS to release it, A: for the hacking that would be done on it, and B: the push for that style of device that would be generated on the market.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
I think it would be better if someone else released that unit than Microsoft. Yes, I want them on the market too, but not if they're made by someone like Microsoft.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Well, I've got mixed feelings on this. Being a huge FOSS advocate, I'm ecstatic to see Microsoft fail at something like this.
Fail? They've simply decided not to convert the prototype into a product; I'm slightly at a loss to understand how this constitutes failing. Numerous products reach the prototype stage, but never make it into production.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote