Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
benlau
Enthusiast
benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
How to convert .note to another format?

hi,

Is there any software that could convert the .note file (textmemo or handwriting) to txt or svg format? I am using Mac and Linux , and can not found that function in Reader Library.

Thanks for any advise.
benlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlau View Post
hi,

Is there any software that could convert the .note file (textmemo or handwriting) to txt or svg format? I am using Mac and Linux , and can not found that function in Reader Library.

Thanks for any advise.
Take a look at this thread.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
benlau
Enthusiast
benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks!!!

I have tried to open the file in text editor , and know that it have a svg XML code in the inner part, but I really don't know that Chrome and Firefox can open thus kind of file! (Even inkscape is not able to open it!)
Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
you might just change the .note to .svg on all annotation files

it works instantly for me on my mac; you can open those files
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
benlau
Enthusiast

Beside Firefox and Chrome , application like Inkscape is not able to read the file format. And browser's interface is not suitable to view multiple note in a same time (terrible to switch to next note).

As the .note file is just a SVG file with extra tag in the top level , it is not difficult to write a software to view and convert the .note file. Any Linux/Mac user would like to have such kind of tiny tool?
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
well..
I open my ".note" files in OPERA browser ,
save image on disc
and then crop them and save as .xyz in Gthumb,gimp,mpaint ( any image viewer)

Waiting for someone to post a better way to do it ;>
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
benlau
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki View Post
Waiting for someone to post a better way to do it ;>
I have written a OSS tool to read and convert the handwriting

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67113